the Rift

[OPEN] regrets like raindrops

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

Remarkably, Ampere takes it all pretty well. It makes the girl uneasy. "Yes," she answers, ears tilted back in uncertain confusion wariness marking the lines of her eyes. "I knew after Zèklè - after I saw his egg." She watches carefully, waiting for some sign of bottled wrath, of imminent implosion, but the anger doesn't come. There is tension in the little blue mare, to be sure, but no sign of wrath.

This next part is harder, and the girl swallows heavily, guilt creeping into her alto voice. "She... grew up in the Basin," Fire Dancer confesses, eyes still searching for any reaction from Ampere. "She said she had friends there. She... she asked about you." What was it like, to find a part of you had been born and raised outside your sphere of knowledge? To have abandoned something, only to have it return, new and grown?

"But she doesn't know you're her mother. Or- she didn't, then."

The girl frowns slightly, her dark eyes heavy with emotion. She is still angry, still dimly alight with the passion that led her to confess this secret, still enraged that Ampere, Mother of Companions, could abandon something she was so inherently bound to - her child. In a way she wants Ampere to be angry, to be shamed, to lash out with her characteristic emotion- doesn't she care?

There is one more confession, of course, but she isn't sure how to make it. The girl feels this one keenly, her own part in it a bright spark in her mind. This time, Tandavi knew. She could have told Ampere years ago- but instead she deliberated, introspected, and judged. Had it been the right decision? Had she any right to make it? Older now, wiser, she feels the weight of it like dumbbells on her back.

She'd kept the secret of Ampere's child from her then. But it is time to abandon her secrets, now.

"There's more," Fire Dancer whispers, black eyes focused on the mare's blue. "The other egg, when Zèklè was born... it hatched. Alija found it, and kept it, and raised the boy that rose from it. Hertz is also your son."

- Tandavi -
I'll light a fire in your new shoes - look out that your soles don't burn to the floor

Image Credits

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
regrets like raindrops - by Tandavi - 01-25-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: regrets like raindrops - by Ampere - 02-05-2017, 12:49 AM
RE: regrets like raindrops - by Tandavi - 02-13-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: regrets like raindrops - by Ampere - 02-22-2017, 12:41 AM
RE: regrets like raindrops - by Tandavi - 03-18-2017, 05:14 PM
RE: regrets like raindrops - by Ampere - 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM