the Rift

[OPEN] Times Like These

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
"No... not your... fault. I usually don't... pay attention when I'm... out running... either," Nitika breathed out, her nostrils flaring as they worked to take in the mass amount of oxygen she needed to catch her breath. "And... no, I'm not... running... from anyone... I just enjoy... running..." she explained. As Nitika took a moment, the painted mare looked down at the foxes who accompanied the stallion, getting a better look at them.

For some reason, she felt unnerved by their gaze. They were looking at her, hauntingly, probably wanting to know who she was. The mare shuffled a front hoof. She was still unsure of how to act around the unique animals that she often saw accompanying the horses who lived in the World's Edge. How had these animals gotten here? Or, if they were already living here, how did they acquire their unique appearances? After all, she couldn't think of any foxes she'd ever met that came with more than a single tail. Or, in the case of one of the foxes, a coat with a color other than red or white.

She did find them intriguing, yes, but she had learned more than once that curiosity could be damning. So, for right now, she decided to hold her tongue. She would inquire about the foxes later, if she got to know this stallion better. Come to think of it, he did seem a bit familiar; she vaguely recalled his face among the crowd during the recent herd meeting, but since there were a large number of horses, she might've gotten him confused for another.

Finally having gotten her breathing under control, with only a small wheeze here and there because of her old injury, the mare's brown eyes scanned the stallion's body. He was built with a lithe frame, but enough muscle that he would definitely not be weak in battle more than likely. He had a sleek black coat with blood-red coloring on his flanks, a matching colored horn sitting proudly on his forehead. He also had small red markings over his eyes.

In all, Nitika did have to admit, the stallion was fairly handsome, but she wasn't one to be struck by appearances right off the bat. So, while she did think he had a nice appearance, she wouldn't comment; it wasn't her style.

"You're... from World's Edge, aren't you?" she asked. "I've seen you around, but I don't think we've met properly yet. The name's Nitika; can I ask what yours is?"

She didn't know why she was being so forward. Normally, she would hesitate when getting to know someone knew. Yet, something about this stallion intrigued her, and she did want to get to know him, maybe as a friend.

@Sacre It's all right, no problem.

Messages In This Thread
Times Like These - by Sacre - 01-26-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: Times Like These - by Nitika - 01-27-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: Times Like These - by Sacre - 02-12-2017, 06:55 PM
RE: Times Like These - by Nitika - 02-13-2017, 03:29 PM