the Rift

[PRIVATE] More in common than you know.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

The myriad ripple of the world stretches endlessly onward, the nearer aurora kissed inch deep water fading into the rich, steel blue of the sky above the further out it reaches, my dark body purposely placed beneath the path of a cloud. Travelling not far behind me, my cerndyr, highly displeased with open area I have decided to venture into, is equally displeased with my continued, poor mood, though not enough so to be numbed to the ethereal prettiness of the world around us.

It is like a dream land, a place where the borders of everything fade into blurred endlessness, and though I’d previously avoided the place, disliking the headache inducing, easy to become lost in expanse of shallow sea water, I now find the edgeless void soothing somehow.

My pace is morose, slow and without purpose, though the soft silt below would be good to test my endurance against, the pull of the loose earth difficult to overcome, especially at high speeds. Even at a walk, I feel the steady downward drag of the sand trying to keep my hooves from rising, my muscles burning ever so slightly from my long term walk across its expanse.

With a glance to the distant horizon, I spy a small, ivory figure of a unicorn, which is familiar to me, but only just so. Staring at her, drawn to a sudden stop by the nagging in my head that I know her from somewhere, I stand with the sun to my back, and her pale perfection is illuminated, like a moon, or a star, in the midst of the blue gray waters. She stares at her hooves, perhaps at something in the sand, or nothing at all, or, perhaps still, visions, as I’ve heard some to do at this peculiar, shallow sea.

"Raeru?" I ask when I approach her, after remembering it, delving far back into my childhood to find her. She was even smaller then, and silent, a pretty snowflake that had stood at the edge of the gathered foals, seemingly exempt from the rest, though she was certainly a part, but is otherwise far more beautiful as grown woman than she had been as a dainty child. I wonder if she is still as lonesome as that girl I remember, in which case she would probably be the loneliest person I knew, aside from myself, and Erebos. No matter who she is now, I’m glad for the distraction, as is my companion, who follows along after me, somewhat wary of the strange mare, and thusly keeping his distance, but otherwise eying her curiously.

"Er, I’m Rikyn," I tell her, because she probably doesn’t remember who I am, considering I only know who she is because I was raised by my mother, who had rather inventive (and painful) ways of ensuring her princely son knew the names of her patrons, even if they gave no shits about one another, "you probably don’t remember me. We grew up together in the Basin."

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
More in common than you know. - by Ráeru - 01-27-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Rikyn - 01-30-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Ráeru - 02-12-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Rikyn - 02-16-2017, 09:00 AM