the Rift

[PRIVATE] More in common than you know.

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
I'll carry you on my shoulders, never set you down.
Ferry you through the coldness, never let you down.

The sound of hoofs falling among the sands caused her ears to perk up, although she only heard him when he was relatively close to her person. She turns at the sound of his approach, her glassy glaze roaming over his form. He is taller than her, thicker as well. A well built stallion, meant to endure the cold - more than herself. Was he from The Basin? Ráeru thought it was a fairly large possibility. Even with her parents being based in The Basin she was better suited to the temperatures of The Edge. Although she missed The Basin, the snowfalls, the hot springs and the family that had been hers who lived there for such a short time. Yet her family now lived in The Edge so that was where she belonged. Or for the immediate future at least. Her eyes looked over the boy's strange markings, the way the gold glinted in the dim light. She'd never seen markings quite like the ones that decorated his body, they were curious and quite unique. Something about them was familiar? Or at least they were linked to a memory, yet it was not one she could quite bring forward. It lingered just out of reach in the back of her mind, frustrating and teasing. Blinking her eyes moved towards the cerndyr that travels not too far behind him, she'd seen a creature similar to this one in The Edge. Assuming that the cerndyr was his companion she returned her gaze to the stallion. He was looking at her so intently that she far far more comfortable in silence rather than greeting him or urging him closer to her.

She blinked, taken aback that he had known her name. How he can know her name? Uncomfortable her gaze again darted between the stallion and his companion. Again she tried to pull up the memory concerning him forward but she could not place it. All she remembered was the gold, something about it clueing her in that this stag was somehow apart of her past. It was this feeling of a possible connection that stopped her from turning and walking away. In truth anyone with a connection to her past intrigued her as it had been such a difficult time and her memories remained dark, blurry and unknown. Someone had said it was a defence mechanism, her minds way of protecting her mind and body from reliving the murder of her mother. No matter why her mind had blocked out the past, it was now only frustrating. "Yes?" Ráeru's response was soft and her tone spoke clearly of her confusion as to how he had known her name. In fact it had come out sounding as a question, 'do we know each other?' It would be awful if they'd had an offical introduction in The Basin and she'd forgotten him. Even worse if they'd been encouraged to befriend each other which had resulted in a small friendship between the two. Because now she could not remember him, had no idea what their history was.

Rikyn. As he told her his name she frowned, not even a name had brought forth any of her memories. Ráeru cast an eye over him again but nothing felt overly familiar. She'd not had someone who held her hand and introduced her to all in The Basin, in fact (aside from Hotaru's occasional influence) she'd made her own way through the snowy lands of her childhood. "The memories from my time in The Basin are foggy." She explained in a hope that he would not take it as a personal insult that she had little to no recollection of him. She managed a half hearted smile, somewhat apologetic for her lack of knowing. "It's been sometime since I visited, mayhap if I did they would return to me." It had been difficult for her to gain the courage in order to return to the snowy home of her past. She wasn't sure what she would find lurking within the depths of the frozen land. What had been left behind, frozen for all of time beneath the ice? Clearing her throat she nodded to the stag "it's nice to meet you again." She laughed before looking nodding towards his companion, "what is his name?" She knew most where proud of their companions and were often dying to speak of them and share the stories of how they bonded. When they did it generally meant she had to talk less and would be allowed to settle into a far more comfortable silence.

@Rikyn

Messages In This Thread
More in common than you know. - by Ráeru - 01-27-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Rikyn - 01-30-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Ráeru - 02-12-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Rikyn - 02-16-2017, 09:00 AM