the Rift

[PRIVATE] More in common than you know.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Her stare is haunting, like the sound of wind arcing over the peaks, and wending through the ice rifts, or the very shade of the ethereal blue ice, itself. Cold, is a good word for it, or distant, the sort of gaze that one gives someone they care nothing for. I guess that’s fine. We didn’t know each other that well, really, and I’ve become rather used to my solitude. Even if she chases me back out into this rippling expanse of reflected heaven, I will be okay, though I’d much rather remain here, with her, and away from the dark thoughts, coiling like shadow serpents inside me.

The chilliness of the girl’s gaze is at least explained when she at last says more than a single syllable. Why she doesn’t remember well isn’t, but when I think about her parents, I do remember something about her mother having died, rather violently. Though it only highlighted my mother’s odd choices in what to keep from me and what not, I had not been told much more than that the Doctor’s wife had died, and that I should be kind to him and young Ráeru, if I saw them. I hadn’t seen her though, not since that meeting with Zikar Sin, and the bones, which wasn’t really her fault. I’d left Helovia, after all.

"It, ah, well, it looks the same, anyway," I remark, about the land from which we both come; aside from the decaying sentinels, though, the mountains hadn’t changed, in a physical sense. The lake still never froze, the mirror was still cryptic, and the Springs were still far too occupied during the frost for my liking. However, the people in it certainly had changed, and I’m not sure how helpful a place filled with strangers would be to her. I myself had found it moderately disconcerting, and into the wilds I had fled.

"It’s good to meet you too," I smile, incapable of the chuckle that would normally have been roused by her jest, liking that she seems much less off putting than she had at first; either it’s the fact that she’s talking, rather than staring, or maybe its that I have gained some skill in garnering the approval of others, rather than rousing immediate anger, "he is called Duir. We have travelled together for nearly a year now."

Unfortunately for Ráeru, I’m not much of a talker, either. Unless asked, I don’t tell people about how I got my companion; I only brought up his age because the matter has been at mind as of late, probably because he keeps reminding me. I guess he thinks I should get him something?

Ha!

"Where are you living now, if not the Basin?" I ask next, deciding that it’s my turn for a question, and all, and wondering if maybe she’s out here wandering around, too. She certainly seems like she’d be less hostile company, if not just flat better, than Mordecai had been…

[ OOC: EVIL TAG DIDN'T TAG ME but the threadlog came to the rescue ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Raeru

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
More in common than you know. - by Ráeru - 01-27-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Rikyn - 01-30-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Ráeru - 02-12-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: More in common than you know. - by Rikyn - 02-16-2017, 09:00 AM