the Rift

I am King

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
The blue-black hide of the shadow-mare was rarely exposed to raw sunlight, and tonight was not an exception. She watched her roan babe cavort through the dark forest, mist clinging to the child's spindly legs as they flailed in the semblance of an unsteady gallop.

Admittedly, the Edge was not the best place to raise young and she was no broodmare, but Psyche was quite fond of her get, even as she crashed through the forest like one haunted by ghosts. The mare turned from her daughter, deciding to pick her way through the forest, trusting the little filly to follow. She had not seen the FrostHeart since the birth of their child, and if he was in this forest, his hide should be painfully obvious in the darkness, but the clots of mist did strange things to vision, she knew.

Almost invisible, the mare continued on through the darkness, snorting occasionally to rid her nostrils of the troublesome mist. Its pale glow did no good to creatures robed in midnight, but Psyche could do precious little to ward it off, so she dealt with it, huffing it from her lungs as often as she could.

Red-tipped ears perked as they heard the tenure of a familiar laugh, so she increased her speed to an energetic trot, long full tail held proudly behind her. Orange eyes searched through the swirling clouds and soon found the desired object: the broad muscular haunch of a tall appaloosa, cloaked with a pelt speckled with black stars. "Mauja." She heard herself murmur softly, a smile rimming her lips coyly.

As she approached him, mist clung to her slender limbs, the weight and stress of pregnancy all but gone from her lean, toned body. A dark muzzle was thrust into his flank by way of greeting, enjoying his smell of moonlight and ice and how cool this being of snow was. But something ailed him, the dark mare could see plainly, and her shadowy form moved forward, pressing against his white one; their colors married by way of contrast. She paused by his shoulder, though he towered over her relatively diminutive form. "What troubles you?" Her voice rang out softly, like nighttime shade. She wondered if the heat from her body would melt him.

[excuse this horrible post xD I'm rusty with her]

Messages In This Thread
I am King - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: I am King - by Psyche - 06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: I am King - by Hellena - 06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: I am King - by Mauja - 06-20-2012, 05:08 AM