the Rift

[PRIVATE] it'd be easy to pretend

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
His head felt heavier with every word spoken by both the Devoted and the Moon Doctor. He shook it slowly—not negating what had already been said, but instead trying the lessen the weight of his massive horn that now seemed so much heavier upon his brow. He had spent thus far ruling the Edge without any sort of diplomatic complications, but now…. Now it seemed that every time he tried to head home to his cave, Rexanna, and their sick newborn, a new issue rose its ugly and problematic head.

So a long, low breath pushed out of his nostrils as Lyanna spoke her long-winded (but pertinent, logical, and reasonable) interjection on the matter at hoof. His tired, worn, lined navy gaze looked to Alysanne, uncertain if he should even address her barb towards him with their past interactions (’ You lost it on me for rolling my eyes at you once but now we’re just totally fine to let our members do something like this?’). Instead, he simply said, “If we are to rule together, Alysanne, then perhaps we should allow bygones be bygones.” There was no sarcasm or rebuke in his deep voice, only weariness.

Then, he paused for a long while, letting all of Alysanne’s (justified) scorn and Lyanna’s rationale trickle through the drained and weary fog of his mind. There were so many thoughts, so many distractions

And then he slowly nodded, “You are right Lyanna, this is not something as easily censured as I would like to believe,” he gave a rueful grin, “Your reasoning is appreciated,” he gave a mildly sharp glance to Alysanne, as if to imply the superior efficacy of reason rather than sharp barbs with sensitive, diplomatic discussions. But he let the moment pass, choosing instead to speak of what he would do rather than what others may have done, “I will discuss the transgression with the Throat when I journey South.”

With a drained dip of his great skull, he took his leave.
Tembovu
the elephant king

image | coding

@Lyanna @Alysanne We can end this here?

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
it'd be easy to pretend - by Lyanna - 01-29-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: it'd be easy to pretend - by Alysanne - 01-30-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: it'd be easy to pretend - by Lyanna - 02-04-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: it'd be easy to pretend - by Tembovu - 02-05-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: it'd be easy to pretend - by Alysanne - 02-12-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: it'd be easy to pretend - by Lyanna - 02-13-2017, 01:27 PM