the Rift

[OPEN] No rush when there's nowhere to go

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Kiada

Everything was quiet before Syrena spoke. At first, Kiada’s gaze lingered on the siren mare’s form in confusion. “I saw you.” Kiada paused in her steps for a few moments. Where had Syrena saw her that caused her to want to talk to her? What was it about? The questions mulled in her mind once again, until Syrena answered them. “With Kaos. You offered to help him. You seemed so sure.” She felt Syrena’s gaze on her, and she tilted her head toward the mare in return for the tilted nature of her own head accompanying her question. A small frown found its way onto her lips. Was Syrena here to confront her about it too? To tell her how horrible he was, how Nyx had died, how so many had gotten hurt.

How her brother had been slashed down by the bone monster while she stood completely unharmed.

Yes.” She acknowledged at first turning her gaze out toward the glass dragon that loomed in the distance. Yet, before she could completely figure out what to say, Syrena continued. “How are you so certain that he is worth pledging yourself to?” Well, at least to that question she had an answer to. It was personal, but if they were to be friends (as Kiada thought they were) she at least owed her an honest answer. She inhaled quietly before exhaling out through her nose and returning her gaze to Syrena’s own.

When I was younger, I stumbled across what I thought was a god – but instead it was a Serval that had been sent down to speak to us, to gift us with something if our answers were good enough.” She began, shifting her weight uncomfortably and slightly swishing her tail against her hocks. “The serval asked us if we could speak to a God what would we ask? I was born with the magic that lines my spine. It has no heat, nothing to make it useful other than painting my emotions for all to see. So I told the serval that I would ask the God how to be useful, how to have a purpose, to be more like my brother.” She admitted, eyes casting down toward the lush green earth. “Apparently, Kianzo was there and heard my question. Yet didn’t tell the serval what he’d ask the gods. And the serval took it as an insult, saying that Kianzo disregarded him. It seemed like a big joke to him.” Shrugging her scarred shoulders, she sighed quietly.

So I disregarded the gods after that. I met the Moon Goddess when my father asked her to erect these spikes.” Nodding her head, Kiada motioned toward the glass spikes. “And she seems powerful and interesting, but it was nothing compared to Kaos. I even accompanied my father and met the Earth God. Even still, the power that resonated from him wasn’t the same.” Her gaze lifted to try and seek out Syrena’s gaze. “He had this aura about him that I… I just crave it. The dishonesty, the betrayal, it was all amazing to see unveiled. It sounds horrible, I know. My own family, aside from Kianzo, are worried about me, but it’s something I can’t help. It's all I think about.” Her voice had trailed into a whisper. “I don’t want to be helpless, I want to be useful. And if nobody else will take me seriously, at least I felt like Kaos acknowledged me after my confession. It felt powerful and as though he bestowed a smile upon me.” She was slightly frightened to look at Syrena at this point, but she had spilled out all of this information for her to take. The mare could think her crazy if she wanted to, but deep down Kiada knew she was sane. She didn’t fall for the tricks everyone else did.

"Talk."

img by Mar <3 || coding by Smitty <3

@Syrena <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Syrena - 01-30-2017, 11:52 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-01-2017, 11:12 PM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-05-2017, 01:29 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-07-2017, 12:22 AM