the Rift

[OPEN] No rush when there's nowhere to go

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

i want to be wild, beautiful and free

She listens with attention, something she so rarely does. But of course, this time, she’s asking a question. She cares about the answer. About what the girl thinks and feels. Her face, as always, is impassive, but somehow it’s clear that she’s not listening in a manner to judge or reprimand. Who is Syrena to judge or reprimand anyone? She’d been born to a life of feeding on the souls of others, and to this day she felt no remorse for those she’d kill. They had not been needless deaths. Syrena did not murder for pleasure, but for survival. She has not murdered since, as there has been no reason for her to do so.

In the same way, she does not judge Kiada for choosing a side that she believes is correct. Necessary, even. No, she simply wants to know how Kiada can trust a God, any God? Particularly a God that has admitted to being untrustworthy? But maybe those are the best sorts to trust, the ones that are honest with you from the beginning. Because who in this world could anyone trust? Syrena, certainly, trusted no one. Not in the way others did; not in the way of confidants and advisors.

Though if she did trust (and perhaps she does, just a little, or she would not be here), she would trust Kiada. Somewhere in the distance is a glass dragon, and Syrena keeps her eyes on it as the girl talks, though her ears are both flicked toward Kiada. The girl talks of purpose, of being useful, concepts that had been so foreign to Syrena until recently in the Falls. Look what that had gotten her…

But she understands that desire now in a way she would not have before. She felt lost now, the once nomad who lived entirely for herself (and largely still does), felt lost. Adrift, without something to work for. She finishes, and again, Syrena is silent for a while. Though she nods, something of a thank you to the fiery girl for sharing. There is no judgment in that movement, no judgment on her face (though that means little with Syrena). But she doesn’t shy away from Kiada at this revelation that she craves power. Syrena does too, after all.

“What makes you think Kaos will not promise you riches and give you ruins instead?” She stops walking long enough to turn her gaze to Kiada completely, entirely curious. “Because I felt his power too, and I want that power as well. But after how quickly the Earth God abandoned the Falls so easily…” …and me, the only one who worked so hard for him. His daughter, who at least he should have considered. The thoughts cross her mind, though she does not say them. She simply continues with her sentence as if it is not as personal as it feels “I wonder if any of the Gods can be trusted to give us anything they promise.”

She is silent again for a while, her thoughts lost to Kaos and the ocean. To the betrayal at finding that she had not been serving the sea at all, to her realization she did not care so long as he could give her what she sought. Power. Bits of her magic back. Purpose. Whatever that might be in this world without the Falls. “I used to be far more powerful, once,” she admits. “I would like that back. Perhaps, we can find a way to power together. Find a way to be useful. Kaos or otherwise.” If Kaos failed them, at least they would have one another.

Perhaps Syrena did trust, after all.

syrena

just like the sea

@Kiada

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Syrena - 01-30-2017, 11:52 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-01-2017, 11:12 PM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-05-2017, 01:29 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-07-2017, 12:22 AM