the Rift

[OPEN] No rush when there's nowhere to go

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Kiada

Kiada continued to glance at Syrena during her tale, trying to take in what she thought of the entire ordeal. It was difficult to explain without sounding insane, that much she knew. However, there was a part of her that hoped – deep down – that she wasn’t alone in her curiosities. Syrena remained quiet until Kiada had finished, and that was at least some amount of solace to her aching isolation against her family for the things she’d done. And she doesn’t just leave her either. She stays there as they walk, quiet, but listening. It’s in those little things that the painted filly finds comfort, at least a small amount.

Syrena stopped walking, then, pointing a question to the filly. Her dark ears flick toward the woman as she, too, stops to look upon the mare with bright eyes, listening to her speak of the Earth God and how he’d taken away her herd. “I suppose that’s part of the interest?” She admitted, pondering the question for a few moments. “Besides, it makes you stronger if it doesn’t kill you right?” She offered Syrena a small mischievous grin. Then, as if a thought came to her, she reached her dark head around to her equally dark neck, pulling a small amulet from the place in her mane she had hid the trinket. It was dark in color, swirling with some sort of dark magic as she situated it so it sat gently against her chest so Syrena could see. “I found this too, it’s unlike any other amulet I’ve seen. Mother has a spark amulet, and it looks nothing like this.” She admitted tilting her head and looking down upon it. “Maybe it’s Kaos’.” She mused aloud.

Then she listened further as Syrena questioned whether or not the Gods were to be trusted, and she offered a small shrug of her scarred shoulders. “I’m not sure if anyone’s entirely trustworthy, honestly.” It was half a joke, half a truth as her gaze danced over Syrena to the glass dragon in the distance. They continued to walk, and when they reached the dragon, she paused once again as Syrena began to speak again. Immediately Kiada’s interest perked further. Just how powerful had the siren mare been at one point? Perhaps she’d find out one day. “I’d like that.” She offered Syrena a reassuring smile while Khairi crooned his agreement from his perch. “You could stay here with me and we could figure out how to get your power back? And we could talk about things?” She questioned, a glint of hopefulness dancing in her eyes. “My father’s the King. He’ll let you stay.” She reassured her, if Syrena was willing to stay within the borders of the Edge, at least for the time being.

"Talk."

img by Mar <3 || coding by Smitty <3

@Syrena <3 sorry for the wait!

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Syrena - 01-30-2017, 11:52 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-01-2017, 11:12 PM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-05-2017, 01:29 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-07-2017, 12:22 AM