the Rift

[OPEN] No rush when there's nowhere to go

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

i want to be wild, beautiful and free

Kiada, still just a child, was everything Syrena once was. Everything she should be again. Sure, even in uncertainties such a trust, she does not waver. Brave, standing before Kaos for all to see, risking her life. Kind to even Syrena, who had done little to earn it (though at least, hadn’t done anything not to deserve it either). Syrena waived, unable to trust or make a decision anymore. She was hardly brave, standing back drinking with Tarik while others fought for whatever they believed in. Though she had never been kind, and never would be, so there was no loss there. She wasn’t unkind though, and at least she was learning some social graces here.

Kiada claims that the gamble is what makes it interesting. Perhaps she is not wrong, but Syrena struggles to see it that. Struggles to see anything that way anymore. “Losing my power did not kill me, but it definitely did not make me stronger,” And of course, this is the crux of everything that upsets her, ever question she asks. She had been so different before Helovia. So powerful. Immortal and beautiful and irresistible. Now she was mortal and plain and unnoticed.

Then the girl is searching for something in her mane though, and pulling out a small amulet that does not look familiar. “Maybe,” she says. "I have a moon amulet, and it doesn’t look quite like that either. Dark, but not dark like that.” They keep walking after that, closing in the dragon statue. It’s a beautiful land, and though the mists are nice, she is keenly aware of the sound of the ocean crashing against the cliff. Aware too that she could never step in that water. That she has no safe way to it’s edge. That here, she would always be too far removed.

When Kiada actually accepts her offer, and then takes it further, offering her a home Syrena is almost taken aback. She would be, if she ever felt anything more than almosts and acute sensations. “Thank you, Kiada,” she says, trying to muster sincerity in her words because she is sincere. ”But I think if I lived overlooking a sea I could not touch, one day I’d simply jump just to feel the water.” She pauses, wondering how much more of an explanation she should give the girl. Because she would stay to live with her friend, if she could.

But the idea of staying so far from the ocean hurts. From rivers even or pools, as she had in the Falls. “I was a full siren, before Helovia.” she finally says after another of her long pauses. The girl had offered her so many truths, ones that likely were not easy to tell. Syrena can imagine the kind, righteous souls of the Edge did not take kindly to Kaos and his ways. “The ocean is my home. And I can hear it here, but I cannot step off that cliff. It calls to me though, drags me in, and one day I am sure I would step over without ever knowing it.” Even without her powers, she could not be free of the ocean. “I will continue to visit though, if you’ll have me.”

syrena

just like the sea

@Kaida - no apologies needed, this took me forever

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Syrena - 01-30-2017, 11:52 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-01-2017, 11:12 PM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-05-2017, 01:29 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-07-2017, 12:22 AM
RE: No rush when there's nowhere to go - by Kiada - 02-12-2017, 03:34 AM