the Rift

The pain I feel is a different kind of pain

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Companionless, Yael is of a different sort of ‘striking’ than Tiamat. What sunlight does trickle through hits her golden fur and gilded feathers with a glint that cannot be hidden. So she does not try to hide herself, nor seek up on unsuspecting strangers. It is a blessing and a curse, to always have one’s approach heralded by one’s coloring. Her great big wings are tucked tightly against lithe sides, tall ears up and alert for any newcomers who might wander into the Threshold as she once did, not too long ago. It is mostly quiet out here, much to the little foreigner’s relief. The Edge is full of kind, caring individuals who are loyal to their herdmates and want the best for their group, but goddamn, there are a lot of them! She misses the open sands, where one could stand atop a dune and look in all directions, and see no one and nothing, save for a distant oasis.

Even the skies are crowded, it seems. After a particularly distressing incident with an anthill and a Queen, Yael needs a bit of time to think. Why she chose the Threshold, she doesn’t know, but nevertheless, here she is.

Voice attract her attention, and when Yael comes upon a duo in the middle of the trees, she offers both the blue horned mare and white and black stallion a small smile. When her attention is drawn to the floating whale (how could she miss that?!), she gasps quietly and her smile grows wider. How lovely! And amazing! She’s caught the end of the Basin mare’s spiel and when she ends, pauses a moment to introduce herself.Shalom! Xello, I am Yael, and I am from ze Edge, vone of ze xerds she talked about.” And then, as if remembering her manners, the petite pegasus turns to the Basin lady and says, “I am so sorry, I deed not catch your name!” Back to the stallion - “But also like our freend xere, I am een training to be a xealer and a seer. Only I am fairly new, like yourself, and so am very much still learning about Xelovia” Hell, even someone who’d been there a whole season still has questions - but this isn’t about Yael.

“But I vould be xappy to tell you more about ze Edge, eef you’d like…” she finishes, finally, and shrugs a little, rolling her shoulders so that the glass necklace shifts against her skin. Just another one of the lovely, unexpected things the Edge could do.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Tiamat
@Kyanos

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: The pain I feel is a different kind of pain - by Yael - 02-09-2017, 10:50 PM