the Rift

The pain I feel is a different kind of pain

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Yael’s never been to the other herdlands; the Basin has never sounded terribly appealing, as she is desert-born and desert-bred, and even a winter in the Edge seemed like an eternity of torturously cold temperatures. The Throat is appealing, and she often thinks that if she didn’t have friends and comfort in the cliffs, she might try her luck in yet another hot, dry home, where she could bake under the sun and practically blind her enemies with all her shininess. But as luck had it, Lyanna and Erthe (and Romina) had found her, had offered her care and sanctuary and a place to work out… well, all the missed connections in her poor little head. There are still many outlying dots and lines which lead to unresolved questions, but there are also strong and bright, new lines that are being forged. They would not exist without the Edge.

Kyanos and Tiamat. Wonderful. Names that she shall tuck away if recruiting does not go her way. A wing makes a movement to indicate that she does not mind that Kyanos continues on with Tiamat, or even later, when he forgets her name. “Ees ok, ze T’reshold can be a tad overvelming sometimes.” She knows from experience. Head tilted ever so slightly, the golden pegasus listens to Tiamat describe the recent events that have shaken up Xelovia, and then emotions that she is familiar with as well. A soft smile tugs at the corner of the foreigner’s lips, identifying easily with the blue woman.

She imagines they might be friendly, if they were to meet again. Two women cut of the same cloth, though Yael is made of sand and sun and Tiamat of sea and stars, it makes little difference in the kindness, the optimism they radiate. When she finishes and it is Yael’s turn to speak, her smile widens and her gaze drifts between the two before her. “I find ze Edge to be similar een vhat Tiamat says of ze Basin. I found myself een Xelovia at ze end of t’is past fall, and two of my now dear freends found me een a very poor state out xere… but vitout xesitation, t’ey took me een and offered me a place to recover and rest, vitout a time leemit or expectations. Everyvone xas been kind and supporteeve, which led me to choose to stay and purse a pat’ een xealing and visdom.”

She takes a deep breath and turns directly to Kyanos for this final bit. “T’is ees my t’ird xome, my t’ird land. I xaf found t’at often t’ere are many good places to call xome, and sometimes eet just comes down to vezer or not you like se veather!” A dry chuckle. “Ze Edge ees chilly een vinter, but temperate, ze T’roat ees xot, and I believe ze Basic is colder, yes?” Her last bit is thrown to Tiamat with a wink, showing she means no harm at all. In fact, she admires the horned woman for her ability to exist in such a climate. Yael would be a literal ice cube up there.  

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Kyanos @Tiamat

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: The pain I feel is a different kind of pain - by Yael - 02-16-2017, 12:19 PM