the Rift

[PRIVATE] Playing Doctor

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

A God?” asks Maude of the air, more than Erthë, looking away and at her hooves, suddenly quite daunted with the task she’d asked for, and been given. Of course, she’d not meant to entirely heal her friend, either, having a realistic view on herbs; they could only do so much. The most the ginger kissed pearl was truly hoping for was that that story teller would be, at the very least, in less pain, and hopefully able to glean more satisfaction out of her life for it.

As if reading her thoughts, Erthë mentions pain management, which is certainly something that Maude can help with, though she may not be able to right the wrong angle of her friend’s bones. Nodding her head, and regaining her confident smile, the filly again prances with eagerness alongside her friend, rather than worry – though she misses the worried shudder down Erthë’s spine, in the process of all her sorting her thoughts out.

She can do this!

Even if I can’t fix it, I’m sure I can help,” Maude cheerfully intones.

When the pale woman asks her how she plans to heal without potions, and if she has magic, the filly grins. She forgets, growing up with an herbalist for a father, that not everyone knows all about plant healing. In a world of magic, it was perhaps easier to assume that all things were magical, when, in fact, a lot of their world was quite plain. What was miraculous about plants was that they were every where, and that almost every single one of them could benefit the body, or spirit, in some way, not that they were innately imbued with magic.

I don’t think so,” musingly begins the filly, on the subject of having magic; she certainly wished she did, that’s for certain, but wishes don’t give her the ability to heal with mist, like her Daddy did, “I’ll use herbs though! A poultice is like, a, a, hm… an herb jam, all wrapped up in a binding! There are lots of plants that alleviate pain from the outside in, and most of 'em smell really nice. You’ll see!

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
Playing Doctor - by Maude - 02-03-2017, 02:31 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Erthë - 02-03-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Maude - 02-06-2017, 12:14 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Erthë - 02-06-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Maude - 02-07-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Erthë - 02-07-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Maude - 02-09-2017, 10:42 AM