ascend.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

It was a long time since Mauja had been guided - he was a stallion grown, since long free from the tangles of his past. He had grown in power and renown, and eventually ended up as King in the Edge. As a ruler, you could not be seen needing guidance. No shadow lurked behind you and guided your hooves and your mind with warm, gentle care. No divine decree told you which paths to wander or how to live. As a ruler, you were the guide - you told your people how to live, which paths to wander, and when needed, you helped them in their troubled times. Life as a King was far lonelier than he had expected, but he liked it - most of the time. It was only at times like this, when he felt helpless and lost, that it was frustrating to not have anyone to turn to. There was only the moon, but tonight she was silent. She was always there, though, and sometimes during the day. He could always watch her, ask her, bemoan her, but he did not expect a response. Only tonight had he been foolish enough to hope for clarity.

And when his people turned to him for answers, and he had nothing to tell them, what would happen then? To not have answers for himself was one thing, to not have answers for those he was sworn to protect and guide... It tasted of failure, and Mauja didn't care for it. And how could he possibly think about it, and not touch the subject of being a failure? He wished to not feel it, for this wasn't over yet, it hardly even begun - he could not give up before it had even started, despite the fact that it was a mammoth undertaking. Curiously he tilted his head, one 'brow arching up, and fixed his nearest eye on Aylin. Her brother loved the sun? Hardness settled in his heart, an icy weight, and slowly Mauja blew out a cool breath through his pink-tinged nostrils. He had a mild worry, though, the dragon on her back testament of it. "Is your brother a unicorn?" he asked, cautious, before following it up with another question. "Who taught him to love the Sun?" If he was a unicorn, perhaps he could be converted - and if not... Somehow, it felt hideous to think such things in the presence of a young girl, so he allowed the thought to hang unfinished within the confines of his skull.

"Could we even survive?"

Of course, Mauja wanted to say, but truth to be told, he wasn't sure. Gods were powerful, the Sun's treatment of their world an obvious indication of that. Mortals were simply mortal, nothing but fleeting shadows in the river of time. If they were lucky, they left something for the world to remember them by, but most simply sunk into oblivion after leaving life. He shivered in the cool darkness. "Maybe," he said, slowly, as if still contemplating it. "If we are lucky." Winter's eyes closed, and Mauja lifted his head into the moonlight. "If we are many, united in our faith. But I think our safest course of action would be in strengthening the Moon, and her brother Earth - let the Gods fight, but let us back them, and wage war upon Sun's followers here in Helovia. It'd be bloody too, but probably safer than trying to take on a God himself. I don't know what would happen if we vanquished him, truly. Would the sun disappear in the days, leaving us to slowly freeze to death? No, I think it is best if his brother and sister talk sense to him." And keep a close eye upon him in the future. This is unpleasant.

But then Mauja smiled wryly, fond remembrance touching his pale features. She had come in all her splendid glory, stepping down from the sky and onto the very Edge of the world, his home - speaking words to him and the mare Mirage, playful yet serious... granting them gifts. "I have," he told her, voice quiet with reverence. "She came to my home the Edge to assess her mortal allies. She was beautiful, mere words cannot ever hope to describe her..." His pale eyes peered down at her again, touching the dragon upon her back. Thoughtfully he waved his muzzle in its direction, not wanting to offend it by sticking the point of his horn in its face. Dragons breathed hot fire, and it melted snow - besides, thinking back on his meeting with the Moon brought back memories of the golden Akaith. Mauja's curiosity refused to be ignored for much longer. "Is it yours?" And the damnedest thing is, I don't know whether I want you to say yes or no.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
ascend. - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 06-23-2012, 01:03 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 06-24-2012, 06:51 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-01-2012, 05:13 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-02-2012, 07:30 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 07-02-2012, 08:58 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-13-2012, 01:42 PM