the Rift

ascend.

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

His gaze harderned when I mentioned that my brother was not a unicorn like myself, but an equine like my mother. Had I not been paying attention and looking for some sort of shift in his demeanor I would have never noticed it. I didn't like what I saw, but I decided to ignore it for the time being and dwell on it later when I was back with my mother and father. Rather than continue on speaking of my family, Mauja went back to faith once more. "Maybe." I agreed. In the heat of the day it was easy to think that I had my faith in a kinder god, but everyone held their own opinions. "To us, the Moon might be kinder but we might assume that because we love her. Those that follow the Sun or the Earth might think they follow a kinder faith. Gods are kind to those who follow them, aren't they?"

I was surprised that Mauja agreed with my opinion on vanquishing the Sun. I had been of the assumption that he would disagree with me and say that the Sun was evil and should be ripped from the sky. Where would that leave us, though? In complete darkness. It would throw the entire world into chaos. The sun's followers would start another war when their god was destroyed. All around it was no good. It would be an endless cycle of war and death until some sort of balance was achieved and maintained. I wondered how many would agree with that sentiment and decided that not many would. When one thought of winning a war they often thought of killing, destroying the opposition.

In my silence, Mauja began to talk about the Moon Goddess again, trying to describe her beauty to me. Despite his best attempts I couldn't even begin to picture her. She was winged and horned, wild and beautiful. No picture came to mind which made me frown and look from Mauja to the moon. "I'll see her myself one day." I said. "And then I'll be able to see all the beauty you describe." Until then I would never have a clear picture of her.

A few moments of silence passed before Mauja asked of my home. I shook my head. "We don't call any herd home yet." I said. "But I think my mother wants to go tot he Foothills." She often spoke of a forest in a place called Isilme. I could tell how much she missed the forest that had been her home and I wondered why she'd left Isilme, but she never would tell the story. Maybe one day I'd go see it for myself, but until then I was content living in Helovia as a wanderer.

Messages In This Thread
ascend. - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 06-23-2012, 01:03 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 06-24-2012, 06:51 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-01-2012, 05:13 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-02-2012, 07:30 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 07-02-2012, 08:58 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-13-2012, 01:42 PM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 07-15-2012, 08:28 AM