ascend.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

What, indeed, but blind faith? Blind faith, and the - irrational, unfounded - conviction that Earth and Moon were more level-headed, less prone to fits of anger and mass destruction. But even though the filly's words made sense, even though she herself was stubborn in her belief (arguing with an old stallion, that in itself was remarkable), he found himself unshaken. Perhaps he would pay for it one day, perhaps he would not. Instead, he let his gaze swing up to the moon, speaking silence by way of answering her. What could he say? That he was an old, stupid stallion who had lived too long in the shadow of the moon to think ill of her? In the end he heaved a sigh. "They could," he agreed in a tired voice. "But they don't." He tilted his head down to look at her. "They all have power, and with it comes responsibility. Even when angry, you cannot misuse your power. The Sun is doing just that, but..." He shrugged. "Call it blind faith and foolishness, but I believe Earth and Moon to be in better control of themselves." Mauja wasn't so sure it was just punishment for pushing the Order of the Sun off a cliff, as much as the Sun's rage at failing. In a sense, punishment, in another, just a too powerful child stomping his toys to bits. Only, the toys were alive. Had emotions, lives. And the child knew it and relished it.

Perhaps the Moon had a bestial side, too; she was certainly intelligent, wicked, sharp. Perhaps, while the Sun twisted minds with talk of glory and power, she blanketed her true intentions in soft down and gentle whispers. I could ponder for a year and a day and be no wiser. He thrust the thoughts aside. Better to have blind faith in one who did not set the world on fire, than in one who did. Religion always came down to hypocrisy and he knew it, yet he couldn't turn away.

She seemed surprised by his question, and he regarded the dragon in silence while she pondered. "I am happy wherever I can look up and see the Moon." He chuckled. Most places, then, except caves. "You're wise, moonchild," he told her, a touch of fondness in his voice. She was just a little younger than his Snö. He wasn't prepared for the stab it sent through him; he tried to think as little as possible of her and Psyche. They were missing, just gone most of the time. Thinking about them didn't bring them to him, so he just shut it out. "But should you ever wish to see Her lands, you'd be welcome to visit me at the Edge."
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
ascend. - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 06-23-2012, 01:03 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 06-24-2012, 06:51 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-01-2012, 05:13 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-02-2012, 07:30 AM
RE: ascend. - by Mauja - 07-02-2012, 08:58 AM
RE: ascend. - by Aylin - 07-13-2012, 01:42 PM