LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K

Patrick stays hunkered down in the pond as the fight out among the trees gets truly violent. At some point in the chaos one of the other foals, a filly who must be quite pretty when she is not soaked and terrified, shifted nearer and pressed up against his side. This sudden contact makes his skin twitch but, while he casts her a confused sideways glance, he manages not to move. His ears do go flat when she begins to wail however.

Eeek! Is this what girls who talk sound like? I've never really thought one way or the other about Ko's tenancy towards silence. I think I must now say, "thank you sister". The little antlered lady's words do make some sense, at least what I can decipher through the wailing. Of course, there is a whole crew of very distracted adults out there and this makes such words, sensible or not, unlikely to be listened to. Since leaving for me pretty much means slogging through pond water and then back through that mess of ants and ice and larger horses... I think I will just stay here until it quiets down. Miss sensible apparently agrees because, despite her own advice and her friend's sudden departure for the trees, she too stays put.

The chaotic scene continues to play out with much yelling, fire flinging and ice pelting. In the end the big flying bug falls, though not in complete failure. When she does a strange shimmering light leaves her large body and settles itself over the golden mare who'd taken up a guardian stance before the pond. The young colt watches with interest as the mare glows for a moment after impact and then the glow fades to look as if nothing has happened. He does not even lift his head until the mare has completed paying her respects to the fallen queen.

A thick quiet has settled over the glade now and the quiet seems to be sticking. Patrick pulls his upper body out of the water and looks around carefully.

"Safe now."

This small reassurance is offered to the stranger girl as he begins to make his exit from the pond. Once on firm ground again he turns about to assess his damages. There are scratches from rolling on sticks and other bits of ant-trap debris but nothing too serious. He is also covered in welts and damp with smelly pond water. These last two facts seem to bother him the most and he makes a few attempts to bite at the itchy lumps but this doesn't seem to do much good.

"Ick..."

He grumbles a bit then sighs and makes an obvious attempt to ignore the discomfort, though he can not stop his hide from continuing to twitch. He turns first towards the forest where the other colt had gone and calls out after him." 'lo? Still there?"

With one ear trained in that direction he shifts his attention to the filly. After a moment he gives a quick dip of his muzzle to his chest in the standard polite introduction always offered to new faces.

"Pat. You?"

Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

Directly after this thread here

OPEN but maybe:

@Zubari

@Maude

Messages In This Thread
The ants went marching - by Patrick - 02-04-2017, 11:11 PM
RE: The ants went marching - by Yael - 02-07-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: The ants went marching - by Maude - 02-07-2017, 02:41 PM