the Rift

[O]You Precious Thing

Vertigo Posts: 34
Aurora Basin Weaver
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: Four
DarkShadow
vertigo
The draft mare was dragged from her thoughts by the scent of another equine on the breeze. She snorted to herself and blinked, her large form not moving from behind a set of trees. From her vantage point, all that Vertigo can see of the being is their golden coat. However, the equine speaks, the draft's black ears swiveling around her skull to catch his voice. The female holds her breath, not sure if this youngster is speaking to her or not. She hopes not more so than anything. Not because she's rude, but because Ve had no idea how to deal with children. Though, honestly, she didn't know how to deal with others in general.

She was saved from having to make conversation by the arrival of another mare. This one was far from similar to her own large frame. This new mare was blue in color and reminded Vertigo of the sea. Deep sapphire eyes watched as the maiden tried to help the colt, thinking he was lost. Of course, she couldn't have known he came here on his own accord. It was when the marine maiden looked up and spotted Ve's antlered figure that both mares sidestepped in surprise. Vertigo had assumed she couldn't be seen from where she stood, but evidently that wasn't true.

The draft snorted loudly and craned her head around one of the tree trunks. Her antlers scraped noisily against the bark in her movement, the female moving out in the open more to avoid making the sound again. “I'm so sorry – you startled me. I hadn't noticed you standing there before.” Vertigo chuckled in embarrassment, shaking her large head. “My name is Tiamat, and this is Nimue.” It was then that the draft noticed the whale swimming in the air's currents. Her eyes widened in curiosity, snorting again. She'd never seen anything like that before and the mare took a step forward to get a closer look.

Before she could say anything, another figure found her way into their midst. This mare was lighter in build as well, making Vertigo the oddball out again. Of course, that was something she was used to and only acknowledged the difference in passing. “Hello. I'm Lyanna.” The newest arrival spoke her name as well, making Ve feel like maybe now she had to make light conversation. It was the nicest thing she could do, right? “Hello...I'm Vertigo.” She shifted her weight from large hoof to large hoof, her awkwardness more than evident in her mannerisms. “I didn't mean to scare you,” she mumbled to the ocean mare quietly, swishing her tail in embarrassment. “I promise you frightened me more than I did you.” Her grin was lopsided, though it only made an appearance for a moment before disappearing.

Dark eyes wandered from being to being as she took in each one. The colt was handsome, though Vertigo began to wonder herself what he was doing here alone. Where were his parents? Her gaze then moved to the blue mare. She was gorgeous, that much was certain. That whale creature of hers, however, was a curious sight indeed. How the heck did it manage to stay afloat in the air? The newest mare was a lovely maiden as well. Ve was somewhat jealous of their slim frames and beautiful coloring, though she wasn't one to say so aloud. She watched each in turn, wondering which of them would speak next....

"Talk."
I need you.
I don't know why, but every now and then in my life,
for no reason at all, I need you.

image | coding

@Lyanna @Tiamat @Patrick
[Image: ve_chibi_by_hoofbeatdesigns-daya7ew.gif]
Please tag Vertigo in all posts
Non-Lethal Magic/Attacks Allowed
Pixel by me :)

Messages In This Thread
[O]You Precious Thing - by Vertigo - 02-05-2017, 12:41 AM