the Rift

[O]You Precious Thing

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
tia & nim ♡
Not long after the ocean mare finishes her description of her homeland (colorfully embellished for the young boy’s sake), the group’s attention collectively turns towards Lyanna when she begins to speak. She reveals that she comes from the World’s Edge, which perks the blue mare’s ears. She thinks of Mesec, her friend who also shares the forested, coastal home, and tells herself (not for the first time) that she must travel and see the land for herself. While she would never consider abandoning her own highland valley, she does wish to visit the other herd lands—they are all a piece of Helovia, are they not?

She sighs quietly to herself, caught for a second in her own thoughts, before another piece of information snatches her focus. Lyanna says that she is a healer as well, which—of course—brings a wide smile to Tiamat’s lips. She even reaches out towards the winged mare, hoping to mingle their breaths, and befriend one another in this beautiful path of life that they share together. It swells her heart with warmth to feel connected to another mare, rather than be divided by petty borders and politics.

Pat, too, is apparently excited by this news. White eyes turn to him when he clears his throat (she has to fight an amused smile at his young antics), and she listens as he speaks with broken sentences, describing someone else—a healer, she understands—who lives in the Throat with him. “I’m not sure that I do,” Tiamat answers his question as her brow briefly furrows in thought. “Although I hope she teaches you, too—it is a valuable skill to learn, with whatever course you plan on following. Perhaps I can show you a few things someday!” Her eyes are alight with excitement, ever eager to share her knowledge, especially with someone as impressionable as the golden boy. It would be so good for him to learn.

Her attention then follows his to Vertigo. The draft mare is noticeably surprised (shocked, even) by Lyanna’s invitation to join her in the Edge. Tiamat’s head tilts sympathetically to the side, and she lowers her head to search for the mare’s fallen gaze, hoping to reassure her that of course she is welcome! Pat, again with his humorous antics, has the same idea.

The sea maiden can’t help but chuckle at his simple explanation. “Well said,” she praises the boy as she brushes the top of his rump with her muzzle, almost as a mother would. Searching still to meet Vertigo’s eye, she continues Pat’s thought, speaking with earnesty and warmth. “I know the Basin would welcome you with open arms, and I’m sure their herds can say the same,” she gestures to the other two. She doesn’t know much about the other herd lands, but she can’t imagine that they would be any less accommodating. Wherever Vertigo chooses to be, Tiamat hopes she can find home. “No one needs to be alone,” the blue mare murmurs, smiling gently at the large stranger.

“Speech.”
and I can be your light—
in the dark, I will shine to guide you.

image credits
@Lyanna
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
[O]You Precious Thing - by Vertigo - 02-05-2017, 12:41 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Patrick - 02-05-2017, 01:53 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Tiamat - 02-05-2017, 03:03 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Lyanna - 02-05-2017, 08:56 AM