the Rift

[O]You Precious Thing

Vertigo Posts: 34
Aurora Basin Weaver
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: Four
DarkShadow
vertigo
Vertigo listened as the three equines conversed with each other. Their conversation lead from the blue and tri-colored mare realizing that both were healers, to the colt asking if they knew a healer from his land. Ve began to wonder how nice it would be to learn the art of healing. She'd be able to make everyone else's life better, like she'd wished someone had done for her when she'd been lost and alone without anyone else. Sure, she hadn't been physically hurt, but the emotional hurt was just as bad, if not worse. After all, she couldn't go a few moments without questioning herself. That couldn't be healthy now could it?

Her question of being wanted and her silence attracted the attention of the colt. His attempt to make eye contact with her was comical and, though she tried not to, Vertigo found herself smirking slightly. He was adorable, even if the Draft had the slightest idea of how to interact with children. She smiles wider at his statement, no longer lost in her own self-pity.

“Thank you, Pat. That's...kind of you.” She reaches out a nudges him softly in appreciation. It was hard to think of oneself was wanted when no one else in her life had. Ve thought of herself as a burden, ugly and her company worthless. Though it was odd for her to encounter others who thought otherwise, Vertigo was pleased that the trio before her were kind enough to include her. Tiamat agreed audibly with the colt's words and the two toned mare offered her a smile of thanks. She relaxed slightly, lifting her head a little so that she could meet everyone's gaze in turn.

The oceanic female continued speaking, going so far as to inviting Ve to her own land. “No one needs to be alone.” Vertigo swallowed hard, the action audible as she tried to hold back tears. They were happy tears, for the maiden couldn't imagine her luck at finding such kind equines on her first journey into these lands. It was promising as to what the rest of her adventure would bring. Vertigo felt comfortable enough here that she decided it was time to be more outgoing. Of course, that was going to be a hard habit to break, but she had high hopes for herself. How could she not when these three seemed to believe in her?

Lyanna spoke, grabbing the Shire's attention. Her ears perked forward, brushing against the vines in her antlers. Ve nickered a thank you to the female in response, looking from each equine to the other. “I can't tell you how happy you've all made me. I wish I'd known kind souls like you before,” she hesitates, looking at the ground momentarily. With a deep breath she regains her composure and her smile returns to her features. “I'm honored that you all would go so far as to welcome me into your homes. It is a kindness I'll never forget.” She tilts her head, her grin growing wider.

The time to choose a home was closing in, but Vertigo wasn't quite ready to leave behind anyone here. Sure, she'd be more than willing to visit each one of them, but how could she decide between them? Even the colt had been accepting. That alone was something that Ve couldn't begin to be thankful for. She was ready to go home, wherever that may be. Ready to feel wanted and to enjoy the company of others. It would take time, no doubt, but in order to bask in sunshine, one has to deal with the rain....

"Talk."
I need you.
I don't know why, but every now and then in my life,
for no reason at all, I need you.

image | coding

@Patrick
[Image: ve_chibi_by_hoofbeatdesigns-daya7ew.gif]
Please tag Vertigo in all posts
Non-Lethal Magic/Attacks Allowed
Pixel by me :)

Messages In This Thread
[O]You Precious Thing - by Vertigo - 02-05-2017, 12:41 AM