the Rift

[OPEN] Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki
let's let the stars watch, let them stare
Things hadn’t been the same since Kisamoa had revealed himself to be Kaos.  Maybe life had gone back to normal for some people, but certainly not for me.  No.  I couldn’t help but think that everything was different now, somehow, even though nothing more had come from the monster in the marshes.  I still knew that he was there.  We all did.  

For the first time in my whole life, I had wanted to be alone after returning from the marshes.  I was confused.  I was hurt.  I was angry.  The combination of all of those things was just so overwhelming that I needed the space to try to come to terms with the fact that I didn’t know how to process all of this at once, and that it wasn’t fair to put all of the burden on Papa’s shoulders.  I needed to figure out how to deal with this on my own.  And I had, in time, in much part due to Everly’s calming influence.  But that didn’t mean that I wasn’t still on Edge. Fear was a relatively new emotion for me, maybe not the acute type, but the lingering anxiety that had settled in my stomach. 

Anxiety that spiked when I came across a large gathering on the Edge of the cliffs.  My heart sputtered in my chest.  I stood frozen for a moment before inching my way towards the group, afraid that I may find the monster of bones standing over the body of another herd mate.  

I breathed a sigh a relief when I saw who it was everyone had gathered around. 

“Grandmama,” I breathed, happily, pleased to see her here.  However, just like before, I knew that she was here for the herd - not on personal business. So even though I wanted to push through the crowd and stand as closely as I could, I restrained myself.  But I was glad she was here. Just her presence was enough to chase away the demons that lingered in the back of my mind.  As long as the Moon was here, we’d be safe.  Before I moved closer to the group and all those I recognized amongst those who had gathered, my eye wandered. 

Someone else lingered on the outskirts.  One who was, quite honestly, hard to miss. I gravitated over towards the stranger, hoping that she wouldn’t mind the company.  It wasn’t until I stepped up to her side that I notice just how tall she was.  However, I was undeterred. 

“Hi!” I said, quietly, to the stranger who towered over all of the rest.  I looked up at the woman with wide, silver eyes, wondering why it was that she didn’t elect to join the others.  But then again, I hadn’t joined the group either. “I’m Vesper. Are you new?” I asked, even though I was pretty sure I already knew the answer to my question.

V E S P E R
image credit

Goes to join the meeting and then gets distracted by @Isopia ;)

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Tembovu - 02-05-2017, 03:38 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Alysanne - 02-05-2017, 03:53 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Erthë - 02-05-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Maude - 02-06-2017, 02:33 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Lyanna - 02-06-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Yael - 02-06-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Ru - 02-06-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Raeden - 02-06-2017, 10:41 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Arah - 02-08-2017, 05:26 PM
RE: Worried 'bout me and mine [HQ] - by Isopia - 02-08-2017, 05:34 PM