the Rift

[OPEN] home is where i drop the anchor (joining)

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She had always planned to stay, but she didn’t know what else she had expected. Nothing, probably. She’d never know what life could be like outside of Morham, never dreamed or thought of some other life at all. Her life had been far from perfect, but it had been good. It had been a life she had not wanted to leave, and coming to Helovia was something that happened out of requirement, not choice. She had planned to stay, had planned to make a home for herself. And she’d done that, in some ways. The Edge was home. She had friends.

Still, sometimes it didn’t feel like home. Not in the way Morham had. Though she was beginning to wonder if that was because everyone around her seemed to have family here, while she was alone. Perhaps that fact would have hurt less if her sister wasn’t supposed to be here with her. But Adelene had come to Helovia with her, and then disappeared from the Threshold. Perhaps they would not have chosen the same paths in Helovia, but still, they could have visited. Still, Adelene would have been somewhere nearby. As it stood, Lyanna had no idea what had become of her sister.

If she was being very truthful, she felt like it was her fault. Adelene was younger, was Lyanna’s responsibility. And Lyanna had left the girl to find her own path, thinking that would be best, letting her sister choose her own life. And in those moments when Lyanna turned her back, Adelene disappeared. She had failed her whole family then. She had not heard rumors of the plots against her brother and parents. She had not seen that Adelene was not ready to be on her own.

She could not fix the past. She could only learn from her mistakes and try not to repeat them in the Edge. She could make sure she did not fail her herd.

Today, she is coming back to the Edge, flying in because it’s the easiest way around those spikes and really, because she always flies in anyway. A form outside the glass spikes catches her eye, and soon a loud call to the herd. Already nearby, she lands outside the spikes to see who’s lingering on the outside of them. It doesn’t take her long to figure out the stallion is a familiar one, and her face breaks into a friendly smile when she realizes who it is.

“Bartholomeo” she says warmly, coming to a stop in front of the larger stallion. “How are you?” she asks, and then quickly adding, “and what brings you to the Edge?” Realizing that of course, he’s probably not here for small talk with her. He’s probably here for an actual reason, so she might as well be of use.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Bartholomeo - I hope it's okay if she crashes the party!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: home is where i drop the anchor (joining) - by Lyanna - 02-06-2017, 03:11 PM