the Rift

[OPEN] home is where i drop the anchor (joining)

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h Ë

Under the moonlight, under your moonlit gaze
I know I'd take a million bullets, babe

She was not far away when the man's voice carried to her ears on a languid springtime breeze. Though not exactly void of anything to do, she had always enjoyed the chance to meet with visitors to the Edge, and curiosity was a bad habit of hers. Pushing away what had been on her mind at the time of the interruption, the blue-toned young mare made her way towards the borders, not hurrying but arriving in good time nevertheless. As she came upon the edge of the woods and saw the gleaming spikes she raised a brow, curious as to why they would be raised on a normal, quiet day. Was Tembovu testing their new defenses perhaps?

Stuck on the other side of the foreboding barrier stood a stallion, a stranger she had never seen before. Pausing a moment, she regarded him with head cocked; tall, dark, admittedly handsome with roguish locks and an impressive rack of antlers on his head, he looked the part of an outcast, sufficiently scarred to make her both wary and impressed.

"Yes? Can I help you?" she asked, not so much cool as calmly thoughtful as she appraised the man.

She had to admit, in hindsight, that it was comforting to have this barrier to separate them. When she next had a chance, perhaps she ought to say some words to Tembovu about it, let him know that she appreciated it more than expected. Perhaps it ought to be a standard to keep the spikes raised, rather than hidden beneath the ground, to give the gateway in the south more purpose, perhaps to ease the task of patrols and reception of new arrivals for the warriors. If this person had not been given pause by the daunting contraption Erthë wasn't sure she would have been able to keep up with him long enough to hear his business with the herd, and stopping him from potentially intruding would have been... well, impossible, to be frank.

Before she received a reply however, Lyanna was there alongside them, and she seemed to recognize the man, enough so to grant him both smiles and say his name. Raising a brow Erthë looked between the two, and curiously she sidled closer to her friend and reached out over the barrier to touch her smooth, black neck, should she be within distance to do so.

"Who is this guy?" she asked in a quiet murmur, meant for Lyanna's ears only. "He a... friend of yours?" Her grinned was lopsided and slightly mischievous, eyes glittering and full of teasing implications as she looked between the two.

Hey, it was rare to see Lyanna talk to stallions; who was she to refrain from teasing the mare about it now that she had a chance? It's what friends are for.

Credit

@Bartholomeo @Lyanna

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: home is where i drop the anchor (joining) - by Erthë - 02-06-2017, 03:19 PM