the Rift

shackled & bound

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

REVENANT
i'm waking up i feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow

The stink of sulfur hung heavy in the air – rotting eggs that caused the dark gentleman’s stomach to roil about like a perilous ocean in the midst of a storm. His pale eyes drank in the splendor of this area though, appreciated its’ mystery, its’ emanating dangerous edge. Magic was at work here and ran rampant through the streets (so to speak). Wild like uncontrollable freights, one tract like a rhino in its charge… it was unsettling but also exciting. He could feel the stirrings of such an emotion rouse within his gut. His curiosity was heightened… but so was his wariness… and his despair.

That always lingered. It was always heavy. It shackled him with intangible chains – broken and trapped, trapped and broken. He would never be free. Never.

So there was great reason for distraction and Revenant had become a scholarly and philosophical soul. He hungered, O’ he hungered, not for powers (it was unbeknownst to him he could have them here) but for knowledge. Perhaps if he’d been powerful, Atalanta wouldn’t have betrayed him. She would have kept him as he’d kept her tenderly against his chest, close to his blood beating heart. Yes, this distraction would be a beneficial one for him. It would help him forget such cruelty. It would give him a purpose above solely Ophelia’s and the unmet Ktulu’s.

”Am I supposed to pray?” He wondered in a deadened voice as he came to stand before the shrines that rested precariously close to a steep ledge. No emotion betrayed his apathetic face – cracked the carefully composed exterior of ice. It was artful, it was masterful, and it rarely thawed even when challenged by awe.

OOC: I'm not entirely sure what God/Goddess he'd be seeking for the power I want for him. I believe it would be Dark... and Earth magic? I want him to be able to conjure and manipulate metal chains. ;)

Messages In This Thread
shackled & bound - by Revenant - 10-29-2012, 12:35 AM
RE: shackled & bound - by God of the Moon - 10-29-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: shackled & bound - by Revenant - 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: shackled & bound - by God of the Moon - 10-29-2012, 01:55 PM