the Rift

[PRIVATE] Problems in Paradise

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
“I would not put her in danger, but I would not hide her from the world,” was his simple retort to her baiting, snapped words regarding their daughter’s safety. But, try as he might, he could not rein in his anger as a sharp sigh pushed passed Rexanna’s lips fanned the flames.

“Not all mothers put their daughters at risk by doing more than they should,” his deep voice rumbled dangerously, alluding to Rexanna’s obstinate actions during clearing things for Kaos that had resulted in her (slightly) early labor.

And, at the mention of Caleb, the King’s ears fell flush with his skull, his jaw clenched tightly, and his chest grew hot with anger. Caleb was an old skeleton, one they had buried and not uncovered since before Rein’s birth. But now— “There would be no ‘Caleb’ to use against you if you had been honest with me from the beginning of us, Rexanna,” his deep rumble sounded sharply, forcefully, around all the syllables of her full name.

Being angry felt better—for the moment—than the pain that had pulsed in him from Nyx’s death. It was what he knew; how he had always reacted. Anger was easier than pain. You could use it, aim it, control it. With pain, you were at its mercy. There was no control there.

His brows raised at her triumphant reveal: “We apologized.” And, rather than mitigate the furious flames that were licking inside his barrel, it only fanned them. Rexanna was able to set things right with Nyx, whereas he—at Rexanna’s behest and mercy—had remained a careful distance from his friend and one-time-lover. “I am glad one of us could make amends before she died—” his voice was fiery and frigid all at once, but it was cut off by:

“You’re good at not being there.”

Silence. Hard and unyielding and filled with a tension so tight that it pressed against the flames of anger and nearly smothered them. Pain returned, unrelenting and ferocious at being temporarily overshadowed by fury— “Is that what you think? That I enjoy not being here?” The question was heavy and echoed, despite the quietness with which it fell from his deep rumble.

@Rexanna :[ ouch

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 02-05-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Rexanna - 02-05-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 02-12-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Rexanna - 02-12-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Rexanna - 02-12-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 02-12-2017, 09:33 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Rexanna - 02-12-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Problems in Paradise - by Tembovu - 03-20-2017, 11:08 PM