the Rift

[OPEN] Little comforts

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

The revelation that this was the birth place of the Earth God's daughter gave her pause. Distracted by this intriguing piece of information, the rock she had begun to roll aside tumbled a few times on its own, then stilled as she forgot to nudge it on again.

"I had no idea..." she said, tone softening into thoughtfulness. "Is it... has much changed since then? I know the leaders must be different at least..."

Realizing she had stopped working, the short young mare resumed her efforts to help clear the space, rocks and branches piling up outside the measured area Isopia had indicated. She had nothing to say about the exactness of the numbers; to be perfectly honest she understood the suggestion that many horses should be able to fit better than the mathematics, and relied on the other mare to protest if she did not make the space big enough. Crafting had never truly interested her, not beyond the use of magic in its accomplishment; and if she had recalled her own annoyance at Isopoia's formal and precise wording in the past, she would merely have claimed that exactness had its time and place and that this likely was one of them.

"When I joined the herd it was Mauja who ruled, along with the Bloodskald. He was never really around much, I never saw or heard about him until the Lady replaced him with another... The herd has grown much since then, almost doubled in size I think."

Not knowing whether Isopia was familiar with these shifts in monarchs or when she had left, Erthë mentioned them only in passing, so that they would have a common reference to base further conversation on. She did not mean much by it; it felt polite to engage in conversation, and it filled a silence that quickly could have grown awkward. Being in the good mood that she was, the Sage wished to get to know the new herdmate better - they were family now, and what better way to bond than to talk and work at the same time?

Speaking of bonding. As they worked, another familiar figure came to join them. Erthë blew a strand of curls out of her eyes and gave Yael a cheerful smile in greeting.

"Hi! I should think so, if this thing will be as big as I suspect. Do you mind, Isopia?"

My body is not ruined by scars.
I'm a tigress and I earn my stripes

image | coding

@Isopia

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Little comforts - by Isopia - 02-07-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Little comforts - by Erthë - 02-07-2017, 04:33 PM
RE: Little comforts - by Isopia - 02-07-2017, 05:28 PM
RE: Little comforts - by Erthë - 02-07-2017, 05:51 PM
RE: Little comforts - by Isopia - 02-07-2017, 06:10 PM