the Rift

[OPEN] all instinct [joining]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Duir’s song seems to mimic the way it feels in my chest; slow, haunting, the sound pulls hard and deep, just like the invisible thread being woven violently in and out of my heart. The wind blusters viciously, almost swallowing his crooning summons, and the rush of the rain against the earth and metal, upon the backward tilted slope of my ears, hides the approach of hooves.

The only hint I have that someone is coming is that my buck falls silent, pacing alongside me, his eyes watching the distant, familiar figure approach. Glad for the familiarity of the face, he glances back to me, waiting for my usual swift discovery that I am not alone, and finding that I stare, instead, at the sentinels, still.

It is my name that draws my eyes away, through the rain, to the one who still binds me here, by more than heritage alone. Our roots are entwined, and always will be. I know this now, though I’d foolishly denied it before. I’d sought, instead, the wild winds of freedom, only to find I hadn’t any wings to fly, and that some landings were far more brutal than others.

"Erebos," I softly say, a murmur, my gaze lackluster as it had been the last we met, without the distraction of Thranduil’s irritating antics to detract from how frayed the both of us must seem to the other, standing steeped hurt, in the rain. Swallowing the wad of emotion that threatens to spew from within me back down, I look to the sentinels, then back to, perhaps, the only family I have left. A flickering glimmer of fear, and the painful, cold ache of the hurt consuming me flashes through my eyes, perforates the usual strength of my rich tenor so that it trembles, and flakes. "He…my father… he’s dead."

[ OOC: Okay I swear I will let other people post now. -coughs- IJUSTLOVETHEMSOMUCHHEATHER ]

@Erebos

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
all instinct [joining] - by Rikyn - 02-07-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: all instinct [joining] - by Erebos - 02-08-2017, 06:33 AM
RE: all instinct [joining] - by Rikyn - 02-08-2017, 10:59 AM
RE: all instinct [joining] - by Erebos - 02-09-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: all instinct [joining] - by Rikyn - 02-11-2017, 07:43 AM
RE: all instinct [joining] - by Erebos - 02-11-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: all instinct [joining] - by Rikyn - 02-15-2017, 11:33 AM
RE: all instinct [joining] - by Erebos - 02-18-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: all instinct [joining] - by Rikyn - 02-22-2017, 11:53 AM