fault lines {AW}

Althea Posts: 3
Unclaimed
Filly :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: 1 yr.
Nina
althea

"VIENNE LA NUIT SONNE L'HEURE LES JOURS S'EN VONT JE DEMEURE"

ooc : it's perfect, thanks! yael's a sweetheart <3 || open, yael

She told herself to focus on walking – one foot after another, after another, after another, after another –, but it seemed that every time she blinked she saw those eyes, saw the bloodstains on the marble stairs, saw the silhouette of her father pressed against the cold red of the flames swallowing up almost everything she had ever known. Althea had never known fire to be chilling, but it seemed that whenever she thought of that fire, she felt something frigid and stiff well up inside of her throat. She told herself that she was simply tired. These were strange lands, and it wouldn’t do to be caught unaware; she succumbed to her musings anyways. Once the thoughts had burrowed themselves inside of her head, she found it was far more difficult to force them out. When her memories were still hazy, ill-formed with exhaust and denial, it had been easy.

Althea was tugged abruptly from her musings by the faint sound of movement from her side and a faint ”Xello?”. Momentarily blindsided, both figuratively and literally, she stumbled back, nearly losing her balance entirely; for a split second, she considered dashing off, in the hope that the grimy brown of her coat would provide her some camouflage in the forest, but, given how weak and uncoordinated she was, Althea knew that she would be captured if the source of the voice was hostile. She didn’t seem to be, though. The girl had little time to process the woman’s tone before she whirled around to look at her, trembling and tensed to run like some sort of cornered animal, but she did not seem especially angry. Althea remained hesitant and speechless as the woman approached, barely tilting her head to see her – she hoped that her blind eye was not readily apparent, obscured beneath layers of flaxen hair, but she knew that it was obvious she was favoring it.

The woman was a beautiful gold, rich and brilliant as the sun and graced with great wings. As her eye swept the extent of her feathers, she felt it widen in surprise – she had heard stories of horses with wings, but she had always imagined that they were simply myths, stories told around the hearth to entrance small children and teach them to dream. As the woman came closer, she took a small step back, then forced herself to stand her ground. No good would come from running; she’d already missed her window, if she had hoped to flee.

The woman’s eyes attempted to meet her own, something she couldn’t quite place within their brown depths. Sympathy, perhaps. Althea felt a small pang as she realized how pathetic she must have looked, disheveled and cowering and small, although she was taller than the golden equine in front of her. The woman spoke again; Althea noticed her accent, this time, lilting and quite unlike anything she had ever heard before, but far from unpleasant. Her voice held an audible warmth that, while somewhat soothing to the girl's frayed nerves, was greeted by a clenching sense of distrust that curled up like a snake somewhere inside of her chest. “Xello? Are… Are you all right?” Was she all right? Althea was not sure that she had ever been faced with that question before, except in the moments after the soldiers pulled her from Hazel. She found herself unable to meet the woman's eyes, and, instead, directed her gaze at her hooves.

Althea did not know how long it took her to formulate a response, but she was certain that it was an embarrassingly long time; worse, when she did find it in her to speak, her voice, usually so smooth and composed, came out stammering and squeaky. “A-ah…I-I…I…” She trailed off, swallowing. “T-t-the wounds…are…are shallow. T-they…it…w-w-won’t take long for…for t-them to heal…” She was not sure if that was what the woman was asking, and spared a quick glance up to her face again in an attempt to gauge her reaction.“B-b-but…I-I...I don't...don't know wh-where w-w-we a-are...w-what i-is this...this place?”

Feel free to use magic on/hurt Althea, just don't kill her.

Messages In This Thread
fault lines {AW} - by Althea - 02-07-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: fault lines {AW} - by Yael - 02-10-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: fault lines {AW} - by Althea - 02-10-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: fault lines {AW} - by Yael - 02-12-2017, 03:10 PM
RE: fault lines {AW} - by Tilney - 03-01-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: fault lines {AW} - by Althea - 03-01-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: fault lines {AW} - by Yael - 03-06-2017, 01:17 PM
RE: fault lines {AW} - by Tilney - 03-11-2017, 06:16 AM