the Rift

[PRIVATE] You can raise my anchor anytime.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Spring was a bittersweet time for Alysanne as she travelled out of the Edge. Everywhere she looked, she was assaulted by the sight of adorable families - both equine and the animals that lived in the woods and meadows. This was the time to have children, when the grasp of Frostfall had receded and they would be given the greatest chance to survive before it was back again in another year.

It was only made worse by the fortune she had been spun upon her visit to the Basin - about the patter of small hooves, and the image that danced before her eyes of a mother and a child playing hide-and-seek in the woods. But whatever future that was, it wasn’t the one Alysanne seemed to be destined for. That belonged to Aly, the loving, kind-hearted mare who had stumbled across Helovia and never left. Not the bitter, angry mare she had become - to obsessed over keeping an eye on her troublesome co-lead and their even more troublesome herd mates to think about building a life for herself that didn’t involve the Edge.

Not that she was really walking around Helovia thinking ‘boy I would sure like to get knocked up right about now’, but she couldn’t help but feel a little sad that she was no more closer to being a mother again than she was last year, or the year before that…

Not to mention the other benefits that came from the more casual relationships she had built with stallions in her past…

As she travelled south, the black and white pegasus let her mind wander on the subject. Hemlock, who was significantly more prudish than Alysanne was but had overcome his embarrassment over these subjects, flew along side his walking friend and pointed out the obvious - she was no longer in the possession of any male friends she could pursue to such an end. She had effectively alienated Miykael, Voodoo had disappeared again (and besides, her feelings towards the shy unicorn were confusing), anyone in the Edge was strictly off-limits, and she couldn’t think of anyone else she knew. There was always the possibility of female friends, sure, and she had plenty of those… would have the same release?

These were the thoughts that were interrupted by the sight of someone else on the beach. At first, Alysanne felt embarrassed - but quickly reminded herself that it wasn’t likely this stranger had been reading her thoughts.

Hemlock continued to fly off down the beach while Alysanne decided to veer towards the stranger. Not with any intention of bringing up the subjects that had been on her mind - but because it had also once been a favourite hobby of hers to meet everyone she possibly could. With the rich scent of the sea and the warm light of the setting sun around her, she felt like herself again. Like “Aly”. Maybe it would be good to meet someone new, someone who didn’t think of her as a ‘queen’ or a ‘healer’ but just some random mare that decided to force her company upon them.

“The sunset is beautiful tonight, isn’t it?” She commented with a smile bright in her green eyes, as she drew up with the intention of standing beside him, her gaze flashing to his face before turning out to the sea and the wonderful spectacle unfolding before them.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

Aly had a lot to think about so THERE YOU GO
@Tarik
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 02-08-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Alysanne - 02-11-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 03-06-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-11-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-17-2017, 11:32 AM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-19-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-20-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-27-2017, 01:32 PM