the Rift

[PRIVATE] You can raise my anchor anytime.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

The rush of heat that Alysanne felt in her cheeks only deepened at his laughter - at first from embarrassment but then the heat didn’t fade. It lingered and she wondered whether it was the drink. His warm burst of laughter was delightful, she realized, even though she wasn’t overly fond of what actions had caused it.

He spoke - enough words that she picked up his unique accent and marvelled in it - explaining that he should have warned her but that boyish grin made her wonder if he hadn’t done it on purpose. He went on to explain that it was rum and that the flask would never run dry - and even though Alysanne didn’t know what rum was she’d have to take his word for it that it was the best in the world.

She watched with a warm gaze as he moved to take the flask, grinning brighter when he grazed against her gently as he did. Her eyes were a little too focused on him - watching in fascination as he expertly took a drink with none of the awkwardness that she had. He offered it once more to her and she didn’t hesitate this time when she reached for it.  

Alysanne took just a small sip and moved delicately as though she was afraid of the contents. But, really, she was just afraid of coughing and looking ridiculous again. Later, her embarrassment would fade out of delight that she had brought a twinkle to his eyes - even though it had been completely by accident.

She savoured the taste this time - and though it made her eyes swim and her mouth burn still, it felt like warm sunlight as she swallowed it. One small cough escaped her but she laughed right after, shaking her head and then finding that action sent her brain swimming. Satisfied that she had been more successful this time she offered him the flask back. “You’re right, much sweeter this time.”

Alysanne closed her eyes, attempting to focus but finding that it was becoming a little harder. “That’s…” And then her eyes opened as she tried to find the right word, a lazy smile on her expression now as she looked at him. “Incredible.” The word was little more than a breath as she shuffled her wings, feeling the last of her apprehension and unease fade away as smoothly as the tide rolled back into the darkening horizon.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

@Tarik
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 02-08-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 03-06-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-11-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Alysanne - 04-12-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-17-2017, 11:32 AM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-19-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-20-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: You can raise my anchor anytime. - by Tarik - 04-27-2017, 01:32 PM