the Rift

[PRIVATE] Life&death

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

She isn't sorry that the Falls was demolished. She is furious, but says nothing. Instead she merely bobs her skull to accept his offering of sympathy.

He mentions the Throat and Aithniel, and Isopia can feel her mind telling her body to stiffen, but it doesn't. Mentally she knows this comment should bother her. You loved him, and he slept with your cousin and that made you sad. It was a betrayal of some sort, because she is family, her inner-voice reminded her. Although this is true and she knows it to be true, the facts don't permeate through to her bones. And so she doesn't shake with anger, her eyes don't narrow, she doesn't verbally slap him for bringing up the past, not when they've decided to start over. Instead, her large golden eyes close for a moment and her head nods.

"That's is good to know."

"My-" She was about to say something about Zero, but realized she didn't actually know what to call him. Friend didn't seem right, and best friend might sound hostile before Volterra. Clearing her throat, she tried again. "I know quite a few of your herd mates." She said, narrow shoulders shrugging delicately. "Perhaps I will come to visit them again sometime."

And with that, her mind chastised itself for being so selfish. What was Zero going to do now that the Falls was gone? Would he again follow her to a new home? Surely not, for she could offer him nothing other than her company, were he to come to the Edge. Would he go back to the Throat, to his family? Suddenly the urge to see him and make sure that he was okay was all too strong. Her golden eyes found Volterra's ruby stare, before dropping to the sleeping Babel on her hooves.

"Wake up, we've got to go." Her eyes lifted as the dragon woke and snapped at the air, clearly not feeling like departing from slumber quite yet. "There's something I have to do-" Had they ever actually said goodbye to each other? From the images in her mind, it seemed as though they'd either left each other with a kiss, or with a scream and a slap. This felt ... platonic to the point of being painful. "I'll...I'll see you around." She offered, feeling empty and awkward.

Felt like a reasonable place to end?

Isopia
the mountain that knows
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Life&death - by Isopia - 02-08-2017, 05:22 PM
RE: LIfe&death - by Volterra - 02-08-2017, 06:32 PM
RE: Life&death - by Isopia - 02-08-2017, 10:58 PM
RE: Life&death - by Volterra - 02-09-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: Life&death - by Isopia - 02-09-2017, 03:08 PM
RE: Life&death - by Volterra - 02-09-2017, 04:01 PM