the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: what have I done

Mihtal Posts: 26
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 8 years HP: 56.0 | Buff: Novice
Reli
I’m already in too deep

I hadn’t really understood what I had signed up for; everyone seemed to be doing it, and I didn’t want to draw attention by refusing an invitation to their event. I suppose I had thought I could breeze by just enough to not be noticed, and then slip away as quietly as I had come. I just wanted to seem normal (not like I had a burning, writhing ball in my chest at the very mention of a social event, like holding a regular conversation didn’t leave me mentally gasping for air).

Unfortunately, I’m one of the first to arrive, it would seem. With my head lowered, I look around from beneath my lashes, wordlessly admiring the beauty of the decorations and acknowledging the time someone obviously put into this (even if I don’t care to appreciate it myself). Eventually my eyes find the list—a list and a name tag. Suddenly I feel my heart leap into my throat, pounding and screaming and thrashing. So...someone is actually looking for me? For me? Someone with know if I leave? All of a sudden I’m warring between the facade of politeness and my innate desire to run.

Trying to swallow past the tightness of my throat while my breath hitches like a gasp in my throat, I try not to think too much. Ignoring the trembling of my legs, I snatch my ‘name tag’ and shuffle into a dark corner, lowering my head so that my hair falls like a curtain between me and other wandering eyes. I can feel them (ignore it, ignore it). I try counting my breaths as a distraction.

“Speech.”
We build it up, we tear it down
We leave our pieces on the ground

image credits
@December
please tag Mihtal in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
SN: what have I done - by Mihtal - 02-08-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: SN: what have I done - by Myrrine - 02-13-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: SN: what have I done - by Mihtal - 02-16-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: SN: what have I done - by Myrrine - 02-16-2017, 10:46 PM