the Rift

Home Enough to Call it Home [Any]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA </style>
Blame my cloven hooves, if I sink what does it prove?
I'll always be your prey
</style>

The wind was fierce today, and she narrowed her dual colored eyes against the flurry of white. Each breath she took burned, and her steps toward the protection of the Arch were shoved sideways. Tinek braved the winds well, and she finally tucked her chin to her chest and stood until the blizzard passed. The silence that followed the torrent of wind in her tulip hears almost deafening, and she could practically hear the snowflakes stacking onto one another on her back and lashes. A swiftly setting sun gave way to the night, thick curtains of vibrant, colorful light touching the starry sky. She moved forward, wind rustling her coat until a familiar voice carried on the wind. The pale mare turned her face and furrowed her brows, hearing the distinct voice of Osiris speaking to Comadre.

How did he always end up where she was? Or, how did she always end up where he was? This was starting to become a cruel joke of nature, and she was tempted to turn tail and leave without him realizing that she was there. However, her curiosity and her compassionate heart would not let them go without knowing that the pair were safe, so with an irritated snort, Ophelia moved her cloven hooves through the familiar snow in the direction of their voices.

Comadre was easy to spot against the snow, and Osiris came second. They both stood around an unnatural lump beneath the white powder, and she turned her head to the side curiously. Osiris was speaking to the lump, and Comadre was taken with it. Tinek, eager to get in on the drama, swooped down to land next to his charcoal elder with a wide, toothy grin. The silver jumped around excitedly before looking up at the wolf-horse and lowering his neck in embarrassment; he proceeded to hide unsuccessfully behind Comadre.

Ophelia arrived moments later, hearing the wolf tell the lump to get up, and she stared, realizing that a tree was moving as if a breath was pushing it. With a snort of surprise, she saw that the tree was attached to a pale equine, and her eyes widened. "What... is it?" she asked curiously, walking around behind Osiris and lowering her arched neck to the equine. "Sir, I believe you have a condition. How long has a tree been growing out of your back?" she asked with deep, honest concern. Did he get rain rot and the tree seeds settle in his flesh? Any scenario she could predict sounded horribly painful.

"My friend is right, though. You must get up." Ophelia shifted to stand behind him and nudged her nose against his pale, strong side. The kind mare pushed against him harder. "You dying here is not going to happen as long as I can help."

CREDITS: Boom Boom

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Home Enough to Call it Home [Any] - by Birch - 10-29-2012, 01:30 PM
RE: Home Enough to Call it Home [RE, Any] - by Ophelia - 12-01-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: Home Enough to Call it Home [Any] - by Birch - 12-02-2012, 12:13 AM
RE: Home Enough to Call it Home [Any] - by Osiris - 12-12-2012, 06:16 PM