the Rift

[OPEN] Ouchies [Foal Lessons]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She laughs slightly at Yael’s hesitation to ask the question, but not at Yael. “That is a really great question,” she says, meaning it. She still hasn’t found a great way to do this without an actual distiller, something she’s only heard of in rumors. She’s not entirely sure such an apparatus actually exists, though it sounds like something a combination of the Edge and Throat healers could make. “I haven’t found a great way to do this with what we have, but you can distill the leaves and bark down to produce the oils. The glass jars work as a receiving vehicle, and you just have to boil the cedar with some water and collect the condensation. Ice works to help cool everything, so a nice trip to the north or waiting till winter makes it easier. They really should just make a distiller, it would be easier.

Then she turns to Maude’s question with another friendly smile. “Also a good question. I stared at those ferns for way too long when I first moved here, that’s how.” She says it with a light laugh, making something of a joke. Though it’s not exactly untrue. “Take a look at the bracken fern,” she says, gesturing to one of the ferns on the ground before her. “The leaves on this one are spread out, and the actual leaves themselves are often more oval shaped than divided. If you look at the sensitive fern,” and now she nods to that one. “The leaves are much more like daggers with spikes. The differences between most ferns are pretty small, I admit, but usually studying the leaves and their patterns will show you which is which.”

She pauses for a moment before adding, “Does that help answer your questions?” she asks. “We can always go find some more species of ferns to differentiate.” She says, her grin playful, but of course, she actually would be happy to spend the rest of the day teaching them the difference between ferns.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Yael @Maude
I totally know how humans get essential oils.... :/

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Ouchies [Foal Lessons] - by Lyanna - 02-11-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Ouchies [Foal Lessons] - by Yael - 02-12-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Ouchies [Foal Lessons] - by Maude - 02-20-2017, 11:39 AM