the Rift

[OPEN] all i was looking for was myself

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

It was not home any more, yet here she was.

Areli did not know exactly why she had returned, other than on half of a wish that it had all just been a bad dream, or that the Earth had changed his mind, or that she would not find the place deserted. She had wandered up to the crumbling mountains and trodden the well-worn path (trying to ignore the weeds that had begun to choke the way); she had stood atop the highest point she had known and wept there to find it empty; and she had wondered, tears cried, what there was left to do now. She could not stay here, that much was clear—attached to this place as she might be, it was only a painful reminder of all that had once been. Her father, her mother, Ilios and Uncle Kaj all together, all smiling…every memory seemed to make her chest constrict until she felt that her lungs would collapse in on themselves. At her side, Bee looked up from the stick that she had been gnawing on and whined, distressed by her mistress’ grief. Home wherever with family, she offered, but the girl only turned away. Her family had scattered to the four winds, and by that logic, she was still just as much a vagabond as ever.

Let’s go, Areli signaled to the wolf, walking away from the churning water and its deafening roar, there’s nothing left for us here. Dutifully, Bee obeyed, jumping to her feet and picking up the stick, prepared to trot after the girl. In her eagerness, she scraped the wood against Areli’s hind legs and the latter looked at her balefully. Leave it, she commanded, patience growing thin. Please? the wolf asked, posture submissive, but loathe to part with such an excellent branch. No, the girl replied pettily, a sudden swell of resentment rising in her chest that Bee wasn’t mourning this place as much as she was and wanting to make her hurt in some way, even if it could not compare to her own pain. I SAID-- 

“Get over it.”

Areli visibly startled, whirled at the sound of the unfamiliar voice.

“Who’s there?” she called, muzzle inching ever closer to the stone dagger kept tucked under her right wing. “I—I’m not alone,” she quavered, gesturing at the wolf.

But even as she said them, the words sounded like a lie.

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Sikeax
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
all i was looking for was myself - by Sikeax - 02-11-2017, 09:12 PM
RE: all i was looking for was myself - by Areli - 02-12-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: all i was looking for was myself - by Ampere - 02-15-2017, 02:36 AM
RE: all i was looking for was myself - by Sikeax - 02-19-2017, 04:40 AM