the Rift

[PRIVATE] watchful eyes

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

THE INDOMITABLE
I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

I can't get this place out of my head. He grunts his agreement. There is something about the Marsh that is innately haunting, like the aftermath of a bad dream that lingers in the back of the mind for days afterwards. Volterra cannot stop dwelling on the place, on Kaos, even when he knows he should simply let it go and leave it up to somebody else to deal with. That's just not how the goliath Gladiator operates. He is proactive, a leader; if nobody else cares about stopping Kaos, then he sure as hell does.

Perhaps he has found a kindred spirit in this mare. He vaguely recognises her from numerous gatherings around Helovia, but has no idea of her name or title. As she remarks on the fact that Kaos could be waiting to spring out at any moment, the black titan nods. "Aye, we must remain alert, as I am sure his next move is not far away." Volterra frowns, flicking one ear irritably as he thinks of the hideous creature. As a warrior, the Indomitable has very set rules about the rights and wrongs upon a battlefield. He likes to know who he's fighting, size up their weaknesses, strike, and win. This lingering worry about Kaos goes against everything he's learned, everything he prefers - the creature's silence is deafening, and the whole of Helovia is waiting on tenterhooks for the other shoe to drop. It simply isn't fair that the monster can take the population unawares whenever it wants, instead of adhering to the strict rules of combat that Volterra does.

But, he keeps telling himself, life isn't always fair. Life isn't always an organised spar, contested between two equally matched opponents. Life is surprise attacks, cowardly thieves in the night, a knife in the back. In a way, the young warlord is naiive in his belief that Kaos should obey the unwritten rules of Helovia - he has to keep reminding himself that there are no rules, not really. Kaos can do whatever the hell he wants, and it's up to them to stop him.

She asks what brings him here, and the black monolith releases a huff before he replies. "I have been searching for clues on how to defeat him. He has to have a weakness, he just has to, but finding it is far harder than I could have anticipated." Try as he might, Volterra cannot see any chink in Kaos' armour. "And you? Forgive me, but you do not seem like the combative sort." He couldn't see her taking up arms against Kaos, but he admits that looks can be deceiving.

image credits

@Alysanne

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-11-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-12-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-12-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-13-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-14-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-16-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 03-27-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 04-06-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 04-12-2017, 12:08 PM