the Rift

[PRIVATE] watchful eyes

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
It was a relief to hear someone else agree with her - even if, at first, all he offered was a mere grunt to show it. It made her feel a little less insane. She didn’t really understand why there weren’t more horses here, wandering the Marshes and trying to learn as much as they could… trying to see if Kaos was more than the terrible display of might that he made the one day. That things had been quiet ever since only unnerved Alysanne further and she was glad to know that she was not alone.

Her new companion explained that he was here looking for clues on what Kaos’ weakness might be - which she found curious - but his last statement caught Alysanne’s attention and she snorted in response.  “No, I’m not.” The words came out with a healthy dose of bitterness, more than Alysanne would have thought they would be - highlighting that she was unhappy with the fact that she was obviously not a warrior. She wasn’t sure if that would ever change, even with assistance and her attempts to learn a few skills on the battlefield. She would always be a healer but she didn’t want anyone to think that her chosen profession made her weak. “But I’d still fight him. If he challenged my home, if he threatened those I love, I wouldn’t even hesitate.” Her words were spoken with determination, a faint scowl darkening her green eyes as she spoke them - trying to convince both this strange and herself.

For a moment, she wondered if she sounded crazy when she spoke in such a manner - full of fire over such a simple thing as being told she did not look combative. Years ago, she would have laughed off his comment and agreed wholeheartedly. Now she could only regret that she was continuing to fail so wholly at all her attempts to learn the alien language of war.

With a flick of her tail, she attempted to bring herself back down to earth again - remembering a comment made before the question asked of her, about how this stallion had been trying to find a weakness of Kaos’. Her tone is lighter now, more curious than anything, and if she had eyebrows - one would certainly be quirked. “Are you practiced in finding the weaknesses of others?”

alysanne

@Volterra
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-11-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-12-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-12-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-13-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-14-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-16-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 03-27-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 04-06-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 04-12-2017, 12:08 PM