the Rift

[PRIVATE] watchful eyes

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

THE INDOMITABLE
I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

Her snort and the bitter sting of her voice make him wonder if he has hit a nerve with his assumption that she does not appear to be a warrior. That's not to say that she hasn't the potential to be one, but the beast has noticed a lack of scars upon her pelt and an unruffled air that speaks of a woman unfamiliar with the battlefield. It is not intended to be an insult - not everybody is like him, war-minded and militaristic.

The two-toned mare adds that she would fight if her home was threatened, and Volterra inclines his head in acknowledgement. "Of course." The leviathan likes to think that everybody, even the doctors and weaklings of the world, would jump into action against Kaos as they had against the Rift Gods, but whether that's merely an assumption on his part remains to be seen. Most people who had attacked Kaos during his reveal had been warriors like Volterra, whilst the rest hung back or tended to the wounded.

Are you practiced in finding the weaknesses of others? Suddenly there's an impassioned smile upon his face, a glint in his eye, a dark hint to his expression. This is his life's work, his love, his duty. "I like to think so." His crimson gaze never leaves the mare as he speaks, resisting the urge to automatically flicker across her body and hunt for her weaknesses. "I am the Gladiator of the Dragon's Throat - a warrior through and through. It is up to me to find weaknesses in my opponents and exploit them. Something as obvious as a missing eye to indicate blindness on one side, or something as subtle as a slight favouring of one limb, can tell me where best to aim my blows for maximum effect." But these are the easy, obvious signs - true subtlety lies in the breed, height and weight differences of his various opponents, all presenting a different challenge to him.

"Perhaps it was foolish of me to think that searching this place would give me a clue as to the chink in Kaos' armour. All I know is that he will have one, and as soon as we find it, we can destroy it." There's strength in his voice, determination. Volterra will not give up the hunt, however futile, until Kaos has been punished for his sins. "My name is Volterra, by the way. Who are you?"

image credits

@Alysanne

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-11-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-12-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-12-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-13-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 02-14-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 02-16-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 03-27-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Volterra - 04-06-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: watchful eyes - by Alysanne - 04-12-2017, 12:08 PM