the Rift

[OPEN] joyful days

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
He hears Alysanne’s reply with raised ears and compassionate eyes, reaching to touch her shoulder with concern, understanding that feeling. For a long while, he’d felt the same, until, one day, not so long after he’d come back here again, he found he could look around him, and it was as if they still were… In essence, anyway; perhaps it had been the death of his mother, and what the mourning had taught him, or maybe he’d at last grown old enough to understand.

No one was truly gone, so long as you could remember they had lived.

"They still are," he promises her, nodding his head as he speaks, "so long as we never stop remembering them."

And she does remember them; Resplendence, he thinks, a pain in his heart rising sharply as Mirage is mentioned. Swimming to mind immediately are her daughters: Semira’s smiles and easy laughter, and how she had comforted him, even when he was nothing more than a monster, and Amaris’ severe stare, haunting, as she’d first met him along the border of this very land. He thinks of them now, together, their scaled bodies shining in contrast to their mother’s sleek black, as Smoke talks to Destrier with a sly smile, and Lace sulks nearby, his brooding gaze fleetingly stolen by the Dragon Queen, whom he’d pretended not to love. He recalls Kahlua, and how he had looked at her the same way after she’d chosen the love of another, and Kaj, that man who had won the girl that Dragomir had so thought was to be his, then.

My saviors, all of them.

He grins when he thinks of Ranjiri, the solemn, nostalgic expression which had swum across his face as he recollected the past replaced with the warmth of his present. How much had changed since then! Not all of it, after all, was bad.

"Thank you," he says, somewhat bashful, because he has not yet had a family to call his very own to protect and guide until now; even though Letha is not truly his, he already has grown quite fond of the inquisitive girl, "I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky. I met Ranjiri here, you know, not long after I joined. I yelled at her and Roskuld for standing outside our border."

He chuckles, remembering it.

"This place," adds the crafter, with a wistful smile, looking over at his green eyed friend with a sigh of contentment, "it’s given me everything good in my life."

[ OOC: casually tags all your characters today I guess? ;D ]
Dragomir
@Alysanne
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Messages In This Thread
joyful days - by Alysanne - 02-12-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: joyful days - by Dragomir - 02-15-2017, 10:02 AM
RE: joyful days - by Alysanne - 03-25-2017, 01:54 PM
RE: joyful days - by Dragomir - 03-31-2017, 10:59 AM
RE: joyful days - by Alysanne - 04-19-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: joyful days - by Dragomir - 04-24-2017, 08:49 AM