the Rift

[OPEN] remember what you forgot [history lesson?]

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Laughing at Natraj’s jubilant greeting, the filly drops her nose to nuzzle and nip playfully at the kitsune’s soft black fur. She’d be happy to keep playing with him for the rest of the day, of course, but is also quite curious about why, exactly, they are all gathered about the glass dragon. So, when the answer that Tandavi gives everyone at last broaches the air, Maude finds that it’s not so difficult to look away from the cheerful fox-creature, to listen to whatever words come next.

Snuggling down in the grass, as she is apt to do during story-time (a rather common occurrence, when one is the daughter of a storyteller), the girl would welcome both Natraj and Yael to find a place with her, but is otherwise happy to simply listen. Tucking her knees up, and gently resting her chin in the nook between them on occasion, the girl is immediately enthralled with the subject.

She certainly had heard of Mirage, whom her mother shared bittersweet regards toward, having lived among those who had been booted from the wood by the former Queen. Everything Tandavi says lends truth to what her mother had told her, especially the most horrible of all: only unicorns were allowed to live here.

Sure, Maude was a unicorn, and so was her family, but what about Gawen, Vesper, and Mister Mesec? What about Miss Tandavi, and Miss Lyanna? Where would they live, if they couldn’t live here? And, most befuddling and hurtful of all to think about, why would their wings or absent horns cost them the chance to live in such a wonderful place, among such a wonderful family? How was that fair, or rational?

Stolen from her dark thoughts by a talking bird, the filly looks up at the tree with surprise and wonder, almost getting to her hooves to inspect the curious conundrum further. However, she manages to remain seated, but only barely so, moving her wide and exhilarated gaze back to Tandavi when she feels she’s admired the magic bird long enough.

Yeah, me too,” Maude answers, using what Isopia has said as a lead, “what was she like? She certainly sounds like she was strong, and noble, a lot like King Tembovu.

It had never really occurred to the growing healer that women could be warriors too. It was a bit naive of her, to be sure, considering that the head of the military in her very own homeland was a female, but the child had also never met a woman who could be deemed anything other than, well, ladylike, or at least been exposed to a side of them which didn't suit the youth's previous thought that girls did not fight. Completely enamored with the idea of a warrior Queen, the girl waits with a dreamy stare for information about the Dragonheart.

& I know that God exists
’cause I’m holding her in my arms
Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Yael
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: remember what you forgot [history lesson?] - by Maude - 03-24-2017, 12:49 PM