the Rift

[OPEN] Salutations

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

As often was the case, Sacre was dozing near the border, a pile of foxes curled up on his back and one foot always resting as the sun rose to colour his cheeks in a reddish blush. The sleepless nights were taking a toll, his thoughts always rolling back to Nyx, her dying breathes, the children she left, Kaos and his monster. The horror in his chest often rose up to rob him of breath and clear thought until finally his heavy lids won the battle for sleep, resting under the canopy of a generous tree, woke now and then by two foxes who returned from their nocturnal activities. As dawn appeared, he roused and moved, then dozed again, ambling along the border as he did out of habit. Roux. If ever he came back, he would have to pass through the gate to avoid the hideous spikes in the ground, so this was always where Sacre lingered when resting, in hope and desperation. Though these days he wasn't sure if he wanted to see him, selfishly pleading his brother to remember the smiling playful twin, not this one, the one who failed to save a life and moped around like a spare part because guilt was hanging over him like a guillotine. He half expected the Moon Goddess to descend from her moonlit throne and take back her power that she has to stupidly misplaced. It was these thoughts that dragged Sacre in and out of his doze in frightful fits. 

They didn't notice the disturbance on the other side of the spike riddled border until Sacre saw a whisper of white moving in the distance, making his heart leap into his mouth and his eyes grow wide. "Hey" he whispered urgently to his sleeping foxes "hey" Inari opened one eye, Ríona still ignored him completely, it was morning after all and she'd had a long night, the kitsune was never the one who paid most attention to Sacre. Inari could be convinced. 

"Whaaaaaaat" he complained groggily into the fox-boy's head, never opening more than just one eye "a ghost, I think I saw... a ghost" Sacre breathed, almost feeling Ríona's eye-roll despite her dozing still on his back. "Where" Inari exclaimed, getting up finally, both eyes open, stretching his body free of stiffness before jumping off to investigate. Sacre waited, trusting a fox's stealth over his own... Could you creep up on a ghost? Weren't they the ones who usually did the creeping. However, when Inari returned he didn't look at all frightened, only curious, his beady eyes glinting in the dawning light "no ghost, Caaa-uh Casus?" who the hell was Casus? 

Sacre frowned, wisdom telling him not to second guess a fox, they often got names muddled up in their heads as if they cared little about what they were called and more about who they were. Intrigued, the Doctor disappeared into the woodland, jostling Ríona as he did so and displacing the annoyed kitsune onto the floor, she joined Inari at a bound, shooting the odd scowl at Sacre. He reappeared out of the woodland by the gate, opening it and shutting it once he was on the other side, then made his way towards the ghost in the night he had thought he had seen. To his great surprise he did indeed recognise the stallion, his pale coat, curved horn and longer than usual ears. "I thought you were a ghost for a moment" he came to a halt wherever the stallion was, smiling a greeting whilst two foxes gaze up from beneath his chest.

He was the one in the Threshold they had met so briefly, was he not? "Cassius, right?" he asks, making sure of his memory first. Though only just outside his home, Sacre became suddenly aware of how isolated the wall of spikes made him, there was only one way back into the Edge if you didn't have any wings. "What brings you here? Can I help?" he offered, wondering what brought a Basin horse so close; business or curiosity?

when I walk in the street... the street to the sacred heart
I remember the promises in the name of love

ellipsiem

@Cassius

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Salutations - by Cassius - 02-12-2017, 11:54 PM
RE: Salutations - by Sacre - 02-13-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: Salutations - by Cassius - 02-13-2017, 03:31 PM