the Rift

[OPEN] Salutations

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
The sudden laughter that filled the air, loudly erupting from his northern friend, drew a large mirth filled smile across the fox-boys face until he too joined in, his boyish tones joyfully bubbling into the air as the tension dissipated. Sacre of the Threshold. Another title to add to his growing odd collection, along with the likes of King of Spies, later to be renamed King of Fools, one that Sacre could do without. Yet, his foxes had insisted that really, in the end and despite the injured looks he threw them, he suited it. He would much rather be called Sacre of the Threshold "I do spend a lot of time there" he said with a humorous snort. Perhaps he should set up camp and start a new herd—or was that cheating? He set his tickled thoughts aside for now, however, as he briefly turned his attention to Ríona, who was parading around with her tails dancing behind her, basking in the attention she received from Cassius.

"Ah, she's a Kitsune, or well, a fancy kind of fox in plainer terms" he chuckled, ignoring the pointed stare she gave him before her voice boomed into his head, FANCY?! the tone spoke volumes and Sacre winced visibly. "Careful not to insult her mind" he muttered to Cassius, throwing a reproachful look at the cape fox who had now turned her back on her ignorant Doctor who quite obviously had no idea just how lucky he was to have a creature like her by his side. Sacre gave the Disciple a droll half smile "you might have a companion or two yourself one day" he winked and sighed, before moving onto the more serious subjects.

For a moment, he pondered what else he could say about the Riftian Gods. He truly didn't know a lot about them, he was sure not many others did either, at least not what they actually were, though perhaps the arrival of Kaos would prove to be more enlightening—though Sacre was certain he didn't really want enlightening. Not if it was Kaos doing the teaching. Yet, he tried to say a little more, not wanting to leave Cassius disappointed, but knowing he probably would anyway "they came through portals from another world, the Rift Gods that is, and invaded parts of Helovia. We fought against them and our own Gods helped seal the rifts, or so they said" he paused, thinking of the Sun God when he had briefly stood to fight, leeching the Crocodile Gods blood with his magic, and then of the Earth God when Kaos revealed himself "the Rift God I fought was in a form like that of a Crocodile" he shuddered at the memory. For now, he left it there, waiting for questions should Cassius have any, but Sacre was reaching the limits of his knowledge. 

"Of course" he smiles, agreeing to convey his wishes to share knowledge, "I see no harm in asking" perhaps the wise ones might be happy for the opportunity, or maybe they would resent him for suggesting another task to complete. Either way, the decision was not his to make. 

Their easy conversation took a downward turn soon after, at least for Sacre, who stared at Cassius in shock when he told him of Deimos' death. He didn't even know Lord Deimos could die. The shock melted into a great sadness and he dropped his gaze to his feet, he never knew the Reaper personally, not like his father had, but Deimos had been Lord when he had been born there. It was always something he regarded as a constant, never even thinking that he might die. For some reason, he felt like part of his past died with him. As if an era was over. "No, though sometimes its a greater mercy than life" he looked at the Disciple sadly "I never even thought he would ever die" shaking his head with disbelief.

"I must visit you in the Basin one day, if I may? I was born there and sometimes I miss it" then a thought occurred to him and he gave Cassius a challenging glance "perhaps you will have learnt more by then, and you can tell me all about it?" he winked then laughed. He would very much like to know what the Disciple learnt on his journey here.
when I walk in the street... the street to the sacred heart
I remember the promises in the name of love

ellipsiem

@Cassius <33

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Salutations - by Cassius - 02-12-2017, 11:54 PM
RE: Salutations - by Sacre - 02-13-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: Salutations - by Cassius - 02-13-2017, 03:31 PM