the Rift

Gold

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
HE SAYS "OH BABY GIRL, DON'T GET CUT ON MY EDGES
I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING AND MY TONGUE IS A WEAPON"

With the herd gathered, the Sun God begins to speak. Concern ebbs across the Gladiator's features as their deity informs them that Aithniel has been sent on a quest, although his worry is tempered somewhat by the knowledge that the Sun would only have sent somebody truly capable on such a quest. If it helps them defeat Kaos...no price is too high to pay.

It does flicker across his mind that a replacement will need to be found - two replacements, even. The Throat cannot be left without leadership, and the titan looks to their patron God as he begins to speak again. As those fiery eyes turn upon him, Volterra feels his heart begin to race despite itself. In her place, Volterra will lead the Dragon's Throat.

His heart races faster. He feels numb, his ears ringing, his eyes widening and his jaw dropping slightly as he absorbs the words. Him. Volterra. Sultan. It would not be an exaggeration to say that he's dreamed about this moment for most of his life, ever since he was a young boy playing at king and contemplating grandeur. He'd always thought he would take his first crown through battle, felling another stallion with a single authoritative swing of his colossal feet and bellowing his victory to the skies. He hadn't imagined being chosen by a God...But in a way, isn't that better? To be selected by the deity of fire himself, deemed worthy by an immortal to lead his herd? It is the highest of compliments, even if this isn't the herd he imagined himself leading, even if this is only his second favourite God delivering the news.

He can do this. He will do this.

"It would be an honour." The deep rumble emits from his throat with all the presence and power of a king, and he holds his great head high as he looks upon the God who has elevated him onto this pedestal. He gazes upon the herd, those who have bothered to turn up, at least, and knows that he can lift this proud, historic place back to greatness. The Sun God concludes his words by persuading Volterra to name somebody at his side quickly, and the titan nods his agreement. Despite his utter conviction in his own abilities, he knows that this is no time to try and do things alone. "The Dragon's Throat is a sleeping giant. In the name of our God, we will rise back to greatness. On the back of hard work, dedication and a willingness to shed our last drop of blood onto these sacred sands, we will reach the potential that I know we have. Together, we will conquer Kaos." His voice is a boom as he looks around the herd, his herd, already growing into the role like water poured upin a flower. Vadir stands tall upon his back, scales glimmering beneath the Sun's light, shivering with delight at this new chapter in her bonded's tale. He a king, she a queen - she can barely contain herself!

He looks dead straight at the Sun God, now. "I will not fail you." It is a solemn vow spoken by the lips of a man who does not lie - and as Ampere bellows her own benediction to the sky, Volterra joins her in her chorus, holy voices united to crush all opposition.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Gold - by God of the Sun - 02-13-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: Gold - by Ampere - 02-13-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: Gold - by Iskra - 02-13-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: Gold - by Volterra - 02-13-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: Gold - by Maren - 02-13-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: Gold - by Arakh - 02-13-2017, 02:30 PM
RE: Gold - by Patrick - 02-13-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: Gold - by Vezér - 02-13-2017, 10:36 PM
RE: Gold - by Shahrokh - 02-13-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: Gold - by Farah - 02-14-2017, 12:33 AM