the Rift

[OPEN] Show Me Love

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Lightning strikes every time she moves
A small skittered into the clearing, flashing too quick for my scowling face to see in time before it reached us. But Chico was on the case, deftly pouncing toward his lil’ fuzzy sistercousinthing, a ball full of bursting things like happy and excitement ‘n whatever. He was always down for a tussle with Bro’s lil’est companion.

I turned my glare to Mesec, and it was his turn to be on the recieving end of my stank-face. “Yeah whatever,” I grumbled, when he told me he’d wanted a ramp when he was learning. I was too bothered to admit that the knowledge comforted me--not only because I was apparently going in the right direction in regards to learning to fly ‘n all that shit, but the image of Mesec learning to fly penetrated my thoughts, images of someone like him stumbling like I was doing now with the air that wasn’t quite sure about being friends yet. It soothed me, I guess; remembering others had to learn how to fly at some point, too. Even if it was hard to imagine This Tall Bastard Iso having to learn anything.

“Don’t….don’t laugh,” I said, forgetting to thank her for the ramp (that was too high by far what the shit, I thought she said a ramp not a new fucking plateau). I got into position, too nerve-wracked to tell them to get the hell out the way; instead of thinking about it and making the nervousness palpable on my face, I just booked it, driving headlong up and over on the elevated plane, feeling for my wings once more as Chico watched on from where he was tussled with Lyra.

The height I was able to immediately achieve caught me off guard (again) and even though the lift was so much firmer up there than it was down below, I still wobbled out of the sky, this time keeping my footing when I touched the ground even though I came down hard. I wrinkled my nose, knowing I was giving my body a pounding but being too worked up to feel it straight. The instant reply I got from Chico in my head was laced with his laughter, as well as an off putting filter coloring the whole thing that told me I was landing all wrong. He was too busy with Lyra to show me what to do now, though; I snorted. I whipped by gaze at Mesec. “How--uh--how do you land?” I was too focused on getting this shit done and over with to preoccupy myself with embarrassment.

"In ornare vitae leo eu volutpat."
Chico
and Roskuld
image credits

IT's been like three million years but IF YOU'RE STILL INTERESTED IN DICKING AROUND HERE
@Isopia

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Show Me Love - by Roskuld - 02-13-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: Show Me Love - by Isopia - 02-14-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Show Me Love - by Roskuld - 02-19-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Show Me Love - by Mesec - 02-19-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Show Me Love - by Isopia - 03-06-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: Show Me Love - by Roskuld - 05-06-2017, 03:34 PM