the Rift

[OPEN] stocking up [healers & interested]

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

HOWEVER LONG THE NIGHT, THE DAWN WILL BREAK.

"Hello, Pat!” Najya offers, warmly to the boy. From above, A’mal let out an especially loud call so the boy could hear her.  Najya remembered the boy quite well, and he seemed to have picked up a knack for herd life despite his age.

“That’s wonderful Pat! I’d love to speak with them.  Maybe we can trade some of the things we find today with them!”  Najya said, with a smile.  She’d only met one of the healer’s from the Edge before, who’d come bearing cedar but the encounter had been strange, to say the very least. She was certainly encouraged by the fact that Pat evidently knew healers from both the Edge and the Basin who seemed receptive to trading information, and hopefully supplies too.  With the new threat on the horizon, Najya was eager to obtain as much information as possible, and sharing information with the others in Helovia seemed like a wonderful way increase their current knowledge and medicinal stockpile.  

It wasn’t long before they were joined by another - a boy who Najya hadn’t met formally but seemed familiar. “Hello there,” Najya offered to the wing boy, with a little dip of her head.   “I’m Najya.  I’ve already met Pat here. I’m one of the Sun Physicians.”  When he mentions his mother is a healer - that narrows down the candidates to either Tae or Sabia.  She didn’t think Tae had any children leaving Sabia as the only candidate, and she hadn’t seen the mare in some time, but offers him a little smile nonetheless.

“What I was hoping you could help me with today is stocking up on these three plants.”  She stepped to the side so that Pat and the winged boy could see the three little piles that she and A’mal had assembled earlier.

She points to the first one with her nose.  ”These are cloves.  They grow relatively close to water, but are found here, on the island.  They’re very useful in preventing infection.  Our stockpile is very low right now. We have to dry them before we can use them. They grow on trees.”

She moves to the next pile, and gestures to the second bundle of plants.  ”This is Chamomile.  They’re just starting to bloom.  They’re white flowers with yellow centers. You should be able to find them anywhere that is sunny.  This herb can help in calming, and its also important in reducing inflammation. It can ease pain too. It’s very useful, but it only blooms when it gets warm so the stock gets depleted in chilly months”

She then gestures to the strange little plant that sat alone on the end.  ”This here is an Aloe Vera plant.  It’s one of the best things you can use on a burn but don’t eat it.  We use it topically. You can either just take a leaf, which we can plant and will grow into a new plant or gather an entire plant - which we will replant with the others.  We can cut off a leaf and the plant will grow a new one, so this is a particularly useful herb.  These are great to trade to other herds, if they have a greenhouse to keep them alive.” Najya finished, turning her hazel gaze at the two boys.

“Looks like it’s just going to be the three of us today. Do you think you two can help me?" She asks, looking to the children to see if they’re up for the task - knowing that it’s certainly not the most fun task they could have hoped for.

N A J Y A
image credit  

All these herbs can be found here in the DT :D

@Patrick
@Saoirse

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
stocking up [healers & interested] - by Najya - 02-15-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: stocking up [healers & interested] - by Najya - 02-27-2017, 06:58 PM