LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K

Najya greets the boy with a deep warmth that is matched by a great, ear-splitting cry from her fascinating companion.  Patrick's ears flatten against his head at the piercing noise but they pop right back up again and he grins skyward for a moment before settling his attention on the dappled woman.  She seems pleased with his announcement of healer friends in the other herds and their desire to meet her specifically.

"Good! They say, they bring things from homes too! Pat be sure both find Gold-crown when come to Throat."

Then in comes the red-headed, winged colt.  At first, Patrick watches this new-comer only out of the corner of his eye.  After announcing myself though this younger boy turns to give the slightly larger child a direct, if tentative, greeting.  Of course, Pat's normal exuberance does not fail in the face of this development.

"'lo Red-wing!  Sorry, Pat not know name...?"

His voice is happy and those last words manage to be both a statement and a some-what-polite question.  He has, of course, seen this other kid before but they've never formally met so he can probably be forgiven for not remembering the name if he ever heard it. Not that he ever bothers with proper names much anyway...

My first thought is that it is good to not be Najya's only student.  Because, well the more fixers in the world the better, right?  Then the other boy goes on to say that his mother is a healer too and this brings the very slightest of worried looks to my face.  Maybe he is already way ahead of me... I hadn't thought I would need to catch up with anybody.  Well, not with other kids anyway.  Of course, I'd be behind the actual fixers.  After a second or two of serious consideration, I decide this won't really be a problem.  I can take a challenge.  I'll just have to gather really well, listen Extra hard and remember every last thing.

The gentle blue eyes study this as yet unnamed, other boy and narrow for the briefest moment.  Then he nods his single-horned head sharply as if an important decision has been made.

"Good! Must know lots, help Pat catch up?"

With this olive branch, he slips up alongside his new classmate and settles to listen to their teacher's instructions.  As each plant is pointed out he studies it marking the name, appearance and no doubt the suggested locations as well.  Only once does her frown and interrupt...

"Er... we kids, not tall... maybe can't do trees.  Wait! No..."

He turns to the winged boy with obvious excitement on his face.

"You flyer. You get high-up things, k?"

All at once the three of them are no longer alone.  A tall, charismatic stallion joins them with no preamble.  Patrick blinks dazedly as the fellow's rich voice introduces him and makes some suave, self-assured comments about his intent.  Shaking his head to snap himself out of the sudden daze the boy leaps over to stand in front of the stallion and stare up at him.  There is a look of awe on his face but also a slight glint in his eyes that suggests some protective feelings.

"Gold-crown protect self, Gold-crown strong, Gold-crown smart.  No funny stuff! Pat keep eye on, dragon keep eye on too, got it?  Help good though, gather more plant-things then."

As he finishes this uncharacteristically belligerent speech a blue bird comes swooping down out of nowhere to swirl around his head.  This sudden interruption causes the golden boy to blink in bewilderment.

"Uh... dat you bird-boy?"

Just then the avian creature flaps directly in front of his face and he is able to see it's very distinctive eyes.

"Thea? Oh! 'lo!  Seah stay then?  Good! Pat glad!"

He bobs his head in greeting to the scaled mare as she comes into view but does not leave his watchful position in front of the stallion just yet.

Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

@Saoirse

Messages In This Thread
stocking up [healers & interested] - by Najya - 02-15-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: stocking up [healers & interested] - by Najya - 02-27-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: stocking up [healers & interested] - by Patrick - 03-03-2017, 11:49 PM