the Rift

[PRIVATE] wishes

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

"I CAN'T PULL YOU CLOSER THAN THIS
IT'S JUST YOU AND THE MOON ON MY SKIN."

I didn’t want to admit it, but I’d been afraid to leave home.  It seemed like everything had changed since Kaos had revealed himself.  He wasn’t a peaceful creature of the sea, but something much darker.  Something built of greed and bones and darkness.  Something who had no qualms about destroying those who got in his way.  The image of Nyx being flung like she weighed nothing at all was seared into my memory, all for defending her daughter. The memory was enough to send a shudder up my spine.

It wasn’t until he’d asked us to collect the bones that’d I’d finally listened to the warning bells chiming in my mind. I was still so thankful that Papa had listened, that he hadn’t made me complete the task Kisamoa - Kaos - had set.  At least that way I didn’t have to feel so complicit in this whole mess, but knowing that he was so close set me on Edge.  The only thing that kept my feet moving was the promise of seeing the Moon. Last time we had come asking questions of Kaos, the Gods had not come.  However, this time, Papa felt confident that Grandmama would come to speak to him.  I was excited at the prospect of finally meeting her, but I was certainly nervous considering the circumstances that drove us back to the Veins.  

I couldn’t help but think what a strange pair we would have been had we been spotted.  Both of us were more comfortable traveling under the soft light of the stars, casting a soft glow under the veil of night. I kept my eyes trained on the skies above as we walked, deriving comfort from the flickering heavenly orbs.  Before I knew it we were standing, again, before the shrines of the Gods.  My eyes were fixed on the shrine of the Moon, and I let out a soft sigh wishing that Virga could be standing here with us.  I turned to Papa as he spoke, my silver eyes meeting his.  I offered him a small smile and nodded once before taking a step closer to the shrine.

I looked up towards the stars, uncertain about what I was supposed to do, and spoke softly into the night, “Grandmother Moon, can you hear us?”

V E S P E R

image credit

@Mesec

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
wishes - by Mesec - 02-15-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: wishes - by Vesper - 02-15-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: wishes - by God of the Moon - 03-06-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: wishes - by Mesec - 03-14-2017, 08:07 PM
RE: wishes - by Vesper - 03-28-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: wishes - by God of the Moon - 04-05-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: wishes - by Mesec - 04-19-2017, 04:39 PM