the Rift

[PRIVATE] third time's the charm

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Elsa’s embrace was soothing to Darwin. His pale lids closed comfortably over his stone eyes as he relaxed with her. He breathed in her gentle scent of sea salt and wind, allowing himself to relish in the comfort of finally feeling like he had a place to stay and to thrive. It didn’t last long, however, as Elsa pulled away from him to look him in the eye. His brows furrowed slightly as concern creased the corners of his eyes, his heart beginning to lurch with worry and the possible pain of her retracting the confession she had made.

But that didn’t come.

Instead, she asked for a family. At first, he felt relieved. A small smile growing on his previously worried lips as he sought her gaze. She seemed so scared, vulnerable standing there before him that he couldn’t help but want to reach out and embrace her tightly. But there was something that held him back – and it was the word. Family was something Darwin never experienced, never even thought of. Would he be a good father? Could he even have children? What would happen if Archibald and Knox found out about them having another relative, specifically from their least favorite sibling? His grin began to fade as his eyes averted from her own.

Elsa, I… I think we need to agree to something first.” He began, not wanting to make it sound like a contract, but he needed to know for sure. He cleared his throat slightly, seeking her gaze before he continued. “I’ve never thought of having a family before. I never really had one to begin with. So I guess what I’m asking for, is if we do this… If we have a child together, that we must protect them. I don’t want them to grow up like I did.” He shifted slightly, wings ruffling as he situated them along his back once again. “If my brothers find out and try to do something, we must be there.” He noted, searching her face if she were to agree.

Though, he couldn’t deny the primal urges that lurched between his legs at the mention of a family. It was an act that he hadn’t participated in since he returned to Helovia, only previously engaging in the act once before. Would she notice? After waiting a few moments for Elsa’s response, his wings spread from his back to embrace her once more as he moved to her side, his bearded maw running gently across her spine as he nipped at her pale fur. She was beautiful, to him – the most beautiful, in fact. The only one he’d ever felt anything for like this, and he hoped deep down she wanted this as much as he was beginning to. When he rounded her rump, he let his wings tenderly brush against her barrel before nipping playfully at her rump, before waiting a moment for permission and lifting himself the best he could onto her back, using his wings to help support him through their height difference.

The emotions of the entire encounter had rivaled Antaa’s initial happiness at Edgar’s proclamation. She could tell the nervousness in Darwin’s mind, in his heart as it tore two ways, uncertain if he’d be able to be a father for a child that deserved to have a beautiful life. So when Edgar nudged her, her orange head swiveled to him curiously. “Yes please!” Antaa breathed, anxious to get out of the tree and out of reach of Darwin and her’s bond. As he suggested searching for materials, Antaa began to relax, nodding excitedly toward him for any sort of distraction. Then, the pale zephyr was off, awaiting the fiery phoenix from a nearby branch. She, too, took off before things got too steamy between their bonded’s, swooping past Edgar with a trill of happiness as she moved toward the center of the Edge.

Her bright golden eyes searched the earth below, searching for anything that might provide comfort for a nest, before she spotted a few spots of fur against a nearby tree, likely from an animal trying to get rid of their winter coat. She trilled again to Edgar before swooping down and picking up a bundle of it carefully, glancing over to Edgar with a giant mouthful of fur, creating a silly pale mustache that adorned her gilded beak. She grinned to him, stepping aside for him to grab some as well.

"Talk."
there’s something tragic about you—
something so magic about you
don’t you agree?
image credits || coding

@Elsa <3 feel free to do the fade to black :D THEYRE DOIN THE THANG <3333

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
third time's the charm - by Elsa - 02-15-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: third time's the charm - by Darwin - 02-19-2017, 10:06 PM
RE: third time's the charm - by Elsa - 03-03-2017, 06:50 PM
RE: third time's the charm - by Darwin - 03-05-2017, 01:31 AM
RE: third time's the charm - by Elsa - 03-08-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: third time's the charm - by Darwin - 03-15-2017, 03:54 AM
RE: third time's the charm - by Elsa - 03-23-2017, 07:14 PM
RE: third time's the charm - by Darwin - 03-24-2017, 02:29 AM
RE: third time's the charm - by Elsa - 03-24-2017, 09:48 AM
RE: third time's the charm - by Darwin - 03-24-2017, 08:42 PM