the Rift

[OPEN] eloviĝo [hatching]

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
He quickly found through trial and error that the Riptide Isles were some of the best flying grounds. Given that he needed more practice, a lot more, he began to frequent the warm island. Aside from it's usefulness, its beauty and the memory of gathering to meet Kisamoa here stuck out in his mind, favoring this place for him through experience too. Although the betrayal of Kisamoa being kaos was a dark stain on Iskra's heart, he was able to preserve the moment of happiness (blissful ignorance) he had when they were here marveling at Kisamoa and his talents. Holding onto what was good to ignore some of the bad, even if it was all connected, was the only thing that kept Iskra sane as he grew up in the ghost of his mother, and so it was easy for him to do it in the shadow of the rising evil threat.

Iskra had to hold onto the happy, wherever he could find it, because the sad and the mad threatened to overtake you otherwise. There was enough of that in the world, Iskra reasoned, that he didn't want to make any more, and he certainly didn't want to have any of it.

So when he spied the interestingly marked mare stumbling from the waves, shiny egg in tow, he crooned out happily. There was nothing better than a bonding, or so he felt given his last experience. It was an exceptionally thrilling moment, and was sure to lift spirits. Thus Iskra invited himself to it, and began the lazy circles to descend slowly towards her (landing was still the hardest for him, so he was cautious about it).

By the time he finally made it down the egg had already cracked open and popped out a whale, and another mare had joined the fishy horse. Iskra wasn't one deterred by company though, quite the opposite, so he whistled out a greeting as he neared. Feet stretched out towards the sand to land, purposefully a little bit away from them in case he whiffed it, but the temperate skies here granted him an unusual grace. Kicking up a little bit of sand and letting his momentum carry him for a brief job once landed, Iskra made it successfully! A smile planted itself on his face, pleased with himself, and his wings shuffled shut as he turned around and joined them more properly.

"Hi!" he greeted cheerfully, his grin widening as he glanced at both of them, focusing on the finned horse. She alone was marvelous and utterly intriguing, but her companion was especially so. Quite different from the fuzzy, stripped critter that Esinakh hatched, this one was a small, floating whale. "Wow!!! You bonded! And to a whale!? How is it doing that??" His eyes were big as saucers, but he laughed pleasantly as it bobbed around, as if still int he waves. "That's so cool! What's its name?" Seemingly aware of his manners then, Iskra followed up with, "I'm Iskra by the way. I saw your hatching and wanted to congratulate you, it's an awesome experience, so I hear! I found an egg myself, but it isn't ready yet..."
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
eloviĝo [hatching] - by Aquila - 02-26-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Wessex - 02-27-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Iskra - 03-08-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Aquila - 03-26-2017, 10:47 AM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Wessex - 04-03-2017, 10:33 AM
RE: eloviĝo [hatching] - by Iskra - 04-08-2017, 02:25 PM